GO!

Constant licking of feet

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sasha

Yes, I am a- princess

Barked: Mon Apr 7, '08 10:17pm PST 
I am Sasha,

I am constantly licking, nawing etc. on in between my toes. I think this is due to allergies. My mom has tried hydrocortisone spray and it doesn't help. She thinks it hurts me. Is there anything that works?
[notify]
Ava

Ava is my name- and chewing is- my game

Barked: Fri Apr 18, '08 6:40am PST 
What are you eating? Is the licking only seasonal? Do you use anything on the carpet? Do you have anything inbetween your toes? All things to check. Some time food allergies show up like that. Please tell more about your self and then maybe we can help you out more. smile
[notify]
Eddie

Will lick lick- lick you from- head to toe

Barked: Thu May 1, '08 2:56pm PST 
I was reading last night that some dogs can have OCD that causes them to lick their feet until they bleed or until the hair falls off. Hopfully your doggie isn't that compulsive!

I know I just like to lick ALOT. Whether it be my Mommy, strangers, family, myself (especially my rump!), I can just lick lick lick all day long.

I know I didn't help but I thought I would throw in my two bones.
[notify]

Ratchet

Lemme Run

Barked: Sat May 17, '08 12:34pm PST 
My rattie does the same thing. I brought him to the vet and they gave him a shot and said to put him on Lamb & Rice dog food. Well, now 3 months later and he is back at it again. Seemed to work for a while. Its not as bad as it was before I changed his food, so maybe try to change his food.

Any other suggestions out there?
[notify]
Cookie

Barked: Tue May 27, '08 2:53pm PST 
Woof!

I have the same problem a few times a year, although it's not just my feet-it's also my legs and stomach. My vet says it is because of allergies. A few times a year I have to get a steriod shot (which makes me pee a lot). I've been told that a lot of ratties have problems with allergies. My food has been changed to a prescribed hypoallergenic dog food, which has really made me feel better. Hope you feel better too!
[notify]
Cookie

Barked: Tue May 27, '08 2:53pm PST 
Woof!

I have the same problem a few times a year, although it's not just my feet-it's also my legs and stomach. My vet says it is because of allergies. A few times a year I have to get a steriod shot (which makes me pee a lot). I've been told that a lot of ratties have problems with allergies. My food has been changed to a prescribed hypoallergenic dog food, which has really made me feel better. Hope you feel better too!
[notify]
Weevil- Wigglebutt

Barked: Fri Aug 1, '08 6:41pm PST 
Weevil does this, too. The vet says it's allergies. I've taught him "don't lick your feet" means to stop, which gets him to quit it for a little while, and maybe find something else to obsess about.
[notify]
Dyna

Lazy Crazy!

Barked: Fri Aug 8, '08 8:26pm PST 
Hi,
I had been doing this for about a year 1/2. My parents too me to the vet and he said I have allergies, I'm on daily medication that seems to help. I was really bad with it too, always constantly chewing where my dew claws used to be. My medicine is called prednisone. But you could be in a completely different situation. So I would just ask my vet! Good luck! I hope you can calm it down!
[notify]
Zoee

ZoeeZZZZZ!

Barked: Mon Jul 6, '09 3:08pm PST 
Zoee has had the same problem with her paws, on and off for the past 2 years! Our vet also said it was probably allergies. We changed her food to Avoderm, Lamb & Rice. This has really made a huge difference and has helped with her weight and hair shedding. Also, when she does have a flair-up with her paws, I massage Neosporin on her paw pads and have her lay on her back, on my lap for @ 5 minutes to really allow the ointment to absorb into her paws. If it's on a weekend, I may do this 3 times a day. Like several other owners, if we see her licking her paws, we just have to make a little sound and shake our heads "no". She knows what we mean! smile
[notify]
Bubbles- Marie

Little Princess

Barked: Fri Oct 9, '09 7:01pm PST 
Hmm that's interesting. I've notice my lil girl always bites her nails and lick at them before she goes to sleep. Thats the only time. I never thought of it being an allergy, just like an OCD habit she does.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2