GO!

shyness

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
hank

must chase ball!

Barked: Thu Apr 5, '07 1:40pm PST 
Hi, I'm a rat terrier named Hank, and I am VERY shy. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to get me less timid.

wink
[notify]
Ralphie

Nothing sweeter- than a diabetic- dog!

Barked: Sun Apr 8, '07 8:20pm PST 
Hi Hank! I am pretty shy sometimes as well. My Mommie tries to socialize me as much as possible. Good luck!cheer
[notify]
Venninne

kisses, kisses,- kisses, kisses,- kisses!!

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '07 1:34pm PST 
Hello Hank, My name is Venninne and I can be timid at times too. I am a rescue so I don't know if we have a similar history, but when you figure out how to help this little issue of ours, let us know so we can try it too!!
[notify]

TJ

R Ts are like - chips, you can't- have ONE

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '07 10:00pm PST 
wave all of you shy Rat Terriers!
I used to be so shy and and even had some fear aggression because of it!
My mom started taking me to PetSmart and Petco and any other place that allowed dogs. She took a bag full of treats and asked every stranger she met if they would give me a treat and pet me. It took several of these outings to get me ot overcome my shyness but it did work!
The dog park is another good place to visit~~lots of dog lovers there who would be willing to help with the therapy!
Good Luck,
TJ
[notify]
Venninne

kisses, kisses,- kisses, kisses,- kisses!!

Barked: Tue Apr 10, '07 11:59am PST 
strangers are scary!!!! how did you react to that? The treats part sounds good but....................................................

Edited by author Tue Apr 10, '07 11:59am PST

[notify]
TJ

R Ts are like - chips, you can't- have ONE

Barked: Thu Apr 12, '07 10:03pm PST 
I was quite shy and nervous at first, I wouldn't take the treats unless offered by a child! Mom finally found some irresistable treats that I would take from anyone!

It was freeze-dried liver! Yummy stuff!

TJ
[notify]
Maximus- Decimus- Meridius

Bully Sticks are- the best!

Barked: Sun Apr 22, '07 12:03pm PST 
I won't take treats from anyone except mom and dad. I like meeting new dogs, but people I don't care about I just want my mom and dad.
[notify]
Mickey

Kisses and- carrots!

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '07 9:11am PST 
shrug this is interesting ..... I am a rattie mixed with unknown Dad... Mom is a about a 9 lb. mostly white rat. But I look like a min pin! Some tease me and say I'm part chihuahua....like that is bad? . They say it's why I'm skiddish... but maybe it's the rat in me that is skddish too. My Mommy is going to try that treat trick (boy I'm all for that idea! I love treats).
Sometimes I don't even go to Mom at first, but I really just want to be on her lap.
[notify]
Charlie- Brown

Who, me?

Barked: Thu May 24, '07 11:40am PST 
Hi there...I am almost 4 years old and I too am skittish. I love excitement, but when people come to the house, I am interested but back away from them. It takes me a little bit to earn my trust, but when you do, I am very lovable and sweet....I also tend to bark when excited...anyone else do that?
[notify]
mattie

goergetown

Barked: Sun Jul 15, '07 9:46am PST 
hi hank im mattie im was shy till i met new people and played with other dogs now im a loving mother of 7 i had 2 litters 1 puppy in my first and 6 puppys with my new owners because my old owner didnt want me know more so here r some tips to get over ur shyness
1.play with other people and family
2.play with other dogs you might make tons of friends
3.go for long walks so u will be able to listen to other dogs barking and kids yelling and talking
4.dont get in alot of trouble to get hit in ur butt
5.stay with ur owners grandma or grandpa u know they will feed u all kinds of neat stuff(my owners take me to their grandma and grandpa and i get fed all kinds of neat stuff)
these tips should really help you get over your fears and i hope they workdoghug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3