GO!

Things my puppy has taught me!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Harley

Mommy. Mommy!- Whatcya doin'- Mommy?!

Barked: Mon Dec 16, '13 6:46am PST 
So, I'm a new puppy mommy of a 4 month old Newfie that joined my family about a month ago. So far she has taught me many things that I just never thought of before having a puppy.

1 - Rock salt is BAD! I learned this after it snowed the other day while taking Harley for her evening walk. It snowed here the other day and this was our first long walk since the snow. About 1/4 of the way though she started limping and then lay down on the side of the road. We took her right home and I noticed the salt on her paws so she went right into the tub to have her paws rinsed. As soon as she was all cleaned up she felt 100% better and was back to playing in the house.

2 - A typical human blow dryer is incredibly ineffective.

3 - It is COMPLETELY impossible to keep the floors clean while potty training a puppy! I must sweep the floors at least a couple times a day and mop them a couple times a week right now and they still always seem to look dirty.

4 - Peanut butter makes everything taste better.

5 - People are ignorant when it comes to large breed dogs. They see a 40 lb dog and when I mention that I still have to get up with her in the middle of the night to take her to go potty they try to tell me that she should be sleeping through the night. She's only 4 months old! She may be big, but she's still a baby!

6 - Puppy kisses make it all better.

I'm sure I'll have more, but this is just the start of the list. What are some things your puppy taught you?
[notify]
Ace

Ace-Clothing- Calls His Name

Barked: Sun Dec 29, '13 7:11am PST 
1. Don't ever leave a dog un attended. My sisters best friend came over to go see the new puppy, and then they started talking. They left him un attended, and he pooped in the floor.
2. If your sad, your puppy makes it better with Puppy Kisses.
3. You need a dog hairdryer, because human hairdryers basically just make noise.
4. Don't leave stools by the coffee table(we have a purple step stool that we needed to hang a picture. I just realized how weird that looked). If you leave your puppy unattended he will go up there. The scariest thing is he was leaning down trying to smell the chocolate and his Yoda hoodie made him look like a gremlin!
5.Dont ever try to take off your dogs clothes. Otherwise he will chase you until you put it back on.Then, he nips at your Achilles with his really sharp teeth. Not to bite, because he tries to catch you with his mouth.
[notify]
Bodhi

Barked: Wed Jan 1, '14 7:40pm PST 
Patience is a virtue
Always have a treat in your pocket to reward good behavior
[notify]

Buddy

I'm a maniac on- purpose.

Barked: Fri Jan 3, '14 8:57am PST 
Bump
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC