GO!

Watching your puppy lears :) How was it for you?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Tyvon "Stallone" Savage

Bring on the- action!

Barked: Sat Nov 23, '13 10:27am PST 
Not only have I been having Dogster withdraws, but now I have a new pup to wiggle around everywhere!

What were your favorite things to watch as your puppy figured out stairs or perhaps a new trick? I haven't had such an innocent little mind around in so long, I forgot how much they don't know anything! Give me a few brag stories smile I miss everyone!

I have been taking GREAT pleasure in watching his little puppy brain work things out and learn things. It's a funny dynamic for me, because Tyson was a whole different kind of pup. He just knew things. His whole demeanor and contemplative nature made him more of a tiny adult than a goofy puppy. Stallone? Whole new story. BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE like his little paws are coated in flubber, very mouthy and impulsive, but still incredibly smart. He's already house trained, for starters. Tyson took three days, Stallone was about two hours, hasn't had an over-night accident and whines like hell if he's gotta go. The breeder said he and a couple of his sisters started going outside when they were about four/five weeks old. I have a huge back patio that the critters have easy access to, so he can go out when he needs, but he's already learning that the big dog isn't allowed to take his big potties on the patio and waits for me to walk him downstairs to the grass, and is following suit.

I love watching him observe Tyson, and then observe me, and then figure out how things are done. My favorite so far is him figuring out the leash, and walking on it. Of course day one wasn't superb, but I'll slowly put Tyson's leash and collar on and he will sit beside the big guy and follow along. today's little leash jaunt? Almost flawless cheer Mostly he rides in the basket while I ride my bike and Tyson runs along side. I can't wait until he's big enough to run too.
[notify]
Tyson Savage- CGC

Let's do big dog- stuff!

Barked: Sat Nov 23, '13 10:28am PST 
Whoops, title should say **LEARN not lears party naughty
[notify]
Holly - CGC TDI

Squirrel?- Squrirrel!- SQUIRRELLLLL!!!!

Barked: Sat Nov 23, '13 2:59pm PST 
My favorite part was watching Bri mimic Holly, and eventually learn which verbal and hand cues went to each action. It saved me so much time with training her! Plus it was just outright adorable to have Bri about half second and half step behind whatever Holly was doing. I'm sure it irritated Holly somewhat, but gosh it was cute! laugh out loud
[notify]

Tyvon "Stallone" Savage

Bring on the- action!

Barked: Sat Nov 23, '13 3:06pm PST 
Aaaawe that sounds ADORABLE!! And I missed seeing Holly's pretty face. Glad to be back smile
[notify]
Octavia

Barked: Sun Nov 24, '13 10:58pm PST 
My pup still has one brain cell. Its been a learning curve for the both of us cause with both Nare and Arkane I could teach them anything at 8 weeks old. But she is fun and enjoys every little success! smile

She also chews everything! The couch, walls, carpet, trees!! I asked the breeder before I got her.. "So.. how mouthy are they?" his reply.. "If you've raised Shepherd pups before, she'll be easy!"
Nare had never done such things! laugh out loud But, again, Nare was smart as a whip as a pup and pretty much learned everything from the get go.

( I will have a Japanese Akita someday, to match your Am Akitas! smile )
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Mon Nov 25, '13 3:19am PST 
bump
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Tue Nov 26, '13 2:14pm PST 
I would also say the stairs were a huge accomplishment. She was scared to go down them until only a few months ago laugh out loud
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Wed Nov 27, '13 2:43am PST 
bump
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Dec 2, '13 8:01am PST 
bump
[notify]
Brevin

I like poop

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 2:13pm PST 
I really enjoyed watching Brevin figure out how to jump up on the couch lol at first he would always put his front paws up on the couch and then try jumping and he would just be sitting there jumping an inch off the ground that way. I'd push him down and the. Quickly say hop up and he made it! Afterwards it was so cute because he would put his front paws up and hop and then be like "oh yeah" and put his front feet back down on the floor and actually use his momentum to hop on the couch. I loved watching him put the pieces together lol. That one was my favorite that and housebreaking, of course. Although he figured that out before he was even 12 weeks.
[notify]