GO!

Girl names vs Boy names?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3  
Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 10:21am PST 
Onyx said: "I've also found people tend to default to whichever gender their own dog is."

I admit that I do that. I've only owned male dogs and can't bear to call a dog "it" so, if I haven't figured out if the dog in question is a male or female, I default to "he". Sometimes I say "he" by accident even when I know the dog is female just because I'm so used to saying it for my own dogs. It slips out too easily. But I try my best to correct myself if I know the dog is actually a "she".

BTW, I love the name Fenrir! smile
[notify]
Hades

I will lick you- to death!

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 11:10am PST 
I have always used names from Greek mythology for my dogs. I like the names and there is no question as their gender. I had Castor and Pollux growing up, my ex-husband and I had Aries and now I have Hades and Athena my son goes back and forth with Penny sometimes he says she is named after Penny on The Big Bang Theory and sometimes she is named after Penelope, Odysseus' wife. It depends on what day of the week you ask him laugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 12:16pm PST 
Bela is pronounced differently than Bella though, and means something different since the two words are from different languages.

Oh also the dog I will probably be getting is going to be a male harlequin Beauceron, but it's not 100% certain.
If anyone just can't stand not knowing what the name I am thinking of using is, you can PM me and I'll tell you. shh
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3