GO!

I Guess It's Time to Introduce Her (And Breed Guesses??)

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Sep 21, '13 1:13pm PST 
Bumping yo drown spambots
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 1:53am PST 
My first guess would be border jack, but then I read about the poodle. Strange, but then again genetics are strange ....

Pretty sure her daddy is some sort of herder/terrier mix though ....
[notify]
Ruby SoHo

Destination- Unknown

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 4:10am PST 
shrug I think I might just settle for dad sneaking under the fence being a Border/Rat or Border/JRT and mom a Poodle?
Or maybe mom's a Poodle/JRT mix which would add some more of the terrier genetics in? I'm not certain how much the original owner knows about dog breeds, so a curly coated mom could have been a mix as well...

Ahk, I'm about a step away from calling the her owner up and asking for the person who bred the litter naughty
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 9:18am PST 
I'm with Jewel...Mom may have SOME poodle but half poodle she wasn't!!! If she had been, ALL the puppies would have had a longer, fluffy coat. Hence ALL doodle first generations have fluffy, curly coats. And, true that those ears NEVER saw half poodle either.
I would be inclined to believe Mom might have been a terrier mix, which COULD explain the fluffy pups AND this one with the close coat. Also would explain the erect ears as well.
[notify]
Ruby SoHo

Destination- Unknown

Barked: Wed Oct 2, '13 9:02am PST 
She's a strange little dog shrug
laugh out loud

It's the straight hind legs and hips are all I really see that could even possibly be poodle.
She's got what I think is a bit of a herding drive, with the nipping of the hind ends of other dogs.
Yet she's got a "soft" mouth

And the total tenacity and "big dog" thoughts of a terrier.

Plus some sort of off-putting aspects of her personality that for some reason I just can't put my finger on, but I know I don't like it. (She's just not a total herding dog! :'( laugh out loud)

I guess if I wanted a purebred and to know exactly what I had, I would have done just that big grin
Ruby is...just Ruby laugh out loud
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Oct 2, '13 10:17am PST 
You should still tell people she's poodle just to see the looks on their faces. big laugh
[notify]
Ruby SoHo

Destination- Unknown

Barked: Wed Oct 2, '13 11:07am PST 
big laugh Oh I plan to.

"You're looking to get a doodle? Well I hope you're one of the lucky ones. Ruby here has a poodle mom she's a (insert doodle name here) and look how she turned out!"

Although, I will admit her shedding isn't all that bad compared to the other 3 laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2