GO!

Finding a Breed(s) for my Puppy

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Ophelia

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 4:22pm PST 
This is my new Little Girl Ophelia (more pics on our profile), she was found in abandoned in an empty home (with 7 other siblings) at about 6 weeks old) that was undergoing repairs and the owners of the home knew nothing about her (although I suspect differently). I took her as opposed to her going to the pound as she was the only one that had not been given away by the man that found them. The vet will ask me "What kind of dog is she?" When I asked the Vet "What she thought?" she did not know and thought "maybe a spaniel mix". People see her and always ask "What she is?" I don't know means "mutt" to them and she is not a "mutt". If I say "Mixed breed" they want to know "What breeds"? Her fur is very soft/silky feeling, she has huge feet, she looks like she walks bull legged, and she loves water (drinking it, playing in it, jumping in it, splashing it), she wants to drag my smaller dogs around by their collars, and she came to me with only spots on her tummy and now they are developing everywhere else. I want to have an idea of what her breed consist of instead of saying "I don't know" Can anyone help me?
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 4:39pm PST 
Looks like she could have a decent bit of English Pointer to me.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 4:41pm PST 
My guess would be a pointer mix, perhaps mixed with hound? She is certainly CUTE!!!
[notify]

Ophelia

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 9:19pm PST 
Thanks...I do not know much about dogs so I will do some research on pointers. She is adorable but she is so big (I am use to smaller dogs). Her legs are so long at 12 weeks, she just steps over my other two smaller dogs. She is a handful!!!!!
[notify]
Harmony

Happy and HYPER!

Barked: Thu Sep 12, '13 11:26am PST 
I see Pointer as well as hound. Could you post a body shot? I only ask because nobody would know Harmony has whippet in her if they only ever saw her head!
[notify]
Ophelia

Barked: Thu Sep 12, '13 3:54pm PST 
Thank you for the reply. I have a body shot posted now. I have never seen a Pointer and had never heard of one. My son in law has a blood hound and that is a big dog!!!!!
[notify]