GO!

Pen Verses Crate for New Puppy?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2  
Arya

Serious Face

Barked: Fri Sep 13, '13 11:54am PST 
We got Misha at around 7 months, so I'm not sure how they are at the younger puppy stage... he was actually pretty trustworthy though as an older puppy. He wasn't very destructive or mouthy at all (not like Arya, who is still very mouthy at 7 months and can't be loose in the home alone yet).

Energy levels will be a good match with your current dog. Klee Kai are independent thinking like other spitz breeds, but place a lot of value on spending time with their family (kinda like Eskies).

The only things you have to watch out for are separation anxiety and shyness with new people developing. LOTS of socialization as a puppy will make your job way easier later on. Desensitizing to you coming and going will be very important too. I think having another dog around will make it easier on your Klee Kai. I am positive Misha would have gone crazy without the cats to keep him company during the day.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 11)  
1  2