GO!

Barking and Whining in Crate

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Zeea

Barked: Wed Aug 7, '13 11:36am PST 
Zeea is being crate train and she does really well in the crate if I am there, she'll even go in by herself. However when ever I leave (so she is alone) she starts to whine and bark none stop. I have left her to soothe herself (as I was brushing my teeth, washing face etc.)but that doesn't seem to work.

I go to work early in the morning and so she is in her crate by again as I leave she starts making noises again. She continues for over 20 minutes according to my sister.

My sister is getting very annoyed with Zeea barking/whining in her crate but I don't know what to do.

She has toys and chews in her crates, I've tried putting a towel over her, and again I want to state she is FINE in her crate if I am there.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
[notify]
Benny

Where did I bury- that bone- again...

Barked: Wed Aug 7, '13 2:31pm PST 
When we first started crate training my little dude he would howl and shriek for almost an hour. Each subsequent night he would stop a little sooner until eventually he would go into his crate on his own and go to sleep. It's a matter of persistence and consistency, once you start letting her out of the crate and she's been crying, she will associate her release with whining and crying and you take a step back in her training.

Good luck!
[notify]
Zeea

Barked: Wed Aug 7, '13 3:36pm PST 
I don't let her out of the crate when she cries. Also she only cries when I am not there, when she is ALONE (I'm out of the house so I can't release her). The problem is I come home to my sister's complain. She says I need to fix it but I don`t know how. Since I am not there I can't do anything. How do I get her to stop?
[notify]