GO!

Puppy Poop

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Piper

Perfect Timing- Pup

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 8:20pm PST 
I have a question; If your dog starts to poop while you're walking across a busy intersection, do you pick it up or leave it there?

Happened with Piper and I didn't know what to do so I just left it there! I felt so embarrassed, but I didn't want to stop traffic to pick up my puppy's poop!
[notify]
Arya

Serious Face

Barked: Wed Aug 7, '13 9:53am PST 
Aww man, sometimes there are tough calls like that. I'll try to pick it up if I think I can grab it quickly. Or else would take Arya home and then go back myself and pick up the poop. I don't want to leave it there for someone else's dog, but I also would be nervous trying to pick it up if she's with me and there's a lot of traffic.

Still, it does make you look like a jerk for anyone who sees... >__>
[notify]
Zeea

Barked: Wed Aug 7, '13 11:23am PST 
I can understand your debate but if it was a busy intersection and there was no safe way of picking up the poop then don't worry. Your and your dogs safety is more important than a tire getting dirty. Also I don't think you need to worry about going back to pick it up; if it's on the road it is probably all mush and possible mostly gone with all the cars driving over it.

Please do not worry. Safety first. big hug
[notify]

Piper

Perfect Timing- Pup

Barked: Thu Aug 8, '13 1:58am PST 
Thanks for the two very different replies ^^
I always pick up Piper's poop when on walks, and I felt really bad leaving it there red face

But I get what you mean, the timer was ticking on the walk sign and we still had a while to walk before we got to the end of the cross walk.
[notify]