GO!

HELP!!! I'm afraid my puppy is dying!!!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Obi

LOVER

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 1:53pm PST 
We adopted a 6 wk. old puppy from our neighbors last weekend. Brought her home last Saturday night, took her to the vet on Tuesday she was declared healthy and given her first shots and worming. All week long she has eaten like a little pig and drank lots of water. We started out trying to feed her soft food, but she started refusing that on Monday, she only wanted dry kibble and lots of it. Her pee and poops have been normal. She is 7 weeks old as of yesterday. Well, this morning when we got up, she kept trying to vomit, but nothing came out. She will not drink water and she won't eat anything- not even scrambled eggs!!! So far, she has pooped once today and it was normal and she's peed about 3 times. She's been sleeping most of the day and when she's awake, she wants to play, but then after a short time stretches out and goes back to sleep. PLEASE advise!!!
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 3:05pm PST 
Take her to your vet ASAP... Nothing any of us on here can do for her and puppies DIE FAST. YES, this is an EMERGENCY so if your vet is closed, get to the nearest Emergency clinic ASAP
[notify]
King Jackal- Jackson

Appreciate me- for the gift- that I am!

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 5:42pm PST 
How could anyone help from online? shrug Take your puppy to the vet ASAP. naughty
[notify]

Sandy

tiny...but fast!

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 7:19pm PST 
Puppies should stay with their mom and littermates until at least 8 weeks but 10-12 is better. Because of the parvo risk I prefer a puppy 16 weeks old so I can get one last round of shots and not worry about maternal antibodies blocking the vaccine. Vaccines van be completely inactivated by maternal antibodies until 16 weeks so your dog could have anything.
[notify]
Obi

LOVER

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 7:36pm PST 
First off, thank you Toto for your advice. Second, I know very well that no one can actually help me over the internet. I'm not an idiot, I just wanted some advice. I'm actually a very experienced dog owner, just never had such a little and fragile one before. BTW, she's fine. Evidently, even puppies this young will go on "hunger strikes" if they don't like their food. I had NO idea. We've been feeding her an all life stages food, Great Life, which we also feed our other dogs and she just decided out of the blue that she didn't want it today. I also offered her plain yogurt, scrambled egg, and rice cooked in watered down low sodium chicken broth, all of which she refused. The vet suggested puppy food, so my husband got a bag and BOOM! Just like that, the little piggy in her came back out and she also drank a bunch of water.

One thing is for sure though, we will NEVER adopt another animal this young EVER again, unless it's truly a life or death situation. There are too many things that can go wrong with them. They definitely need to be with their moms as long as possible.
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 9:54pm PST 
Whew! I'm glad the pup is okay and it wasn't anything serious. relieved puppy
[notify]
King Jackal- Jackson

Appreciate me- for the gift- that I am!

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 11:44pm PST 
When you post that you're afraid your pup is dying, virtually anyone will be quick to assume veterinary care is needed. Thank dog she is alright relieved
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 5:34am PST 
Please take her to the vet ASAP!!! Please keep us posted. Call when they open and just take her in.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 8:59am PST 
Kali, if you read ALL the posts you would realize the puppy IS NOW FINE!
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 3:13pm PST 
Toto, for some reason sometimes my posts are delayed. When I posted, the "puppy is fine" posts were not up yet, at least not on my computer. It happens quite a bit lately. Not sure if it's our internet or Dogster. Just glad the pup is fine. smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2