GO!

Puppy tires after 10 minutes of play

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 7:01pm PST 
This is normal but he falls asleep constantly. When he does this should I be crating him or letting him fall asleep wherever?
[notify]
Arya

Serious Face

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 7:34pm PST 
Totally normal, especially if he's really young. Puppies are growing fast and need lots of sleep. I'd let him sleep wherever, unless you don't think you'll be able to watch for when he wakes up, then crate him. smile

You can take him to a vet if you're really worried, just to make sure there's no worms or anything making him feel sick.
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 9:41pm PST 
When puppies are young they sleep a lot! As long as he is doing everything else normal, like eating,drinking, going to the bathroom, etc.

I would say just crate when you leave or go to bed

Edited by author Tue Jun 11, '13 9:42pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Tue Jun 18, '13 10:29pm PST 
well my friend its pretty normal for any puppies to get tired after every activity & taking a good nap after that. Its very essential for good growth just like small babies do. Since eating, playing,sleeping are normal activities, hence there is nothing to get worried about else if its doing anything abnormally.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 1:40pm PST 
In answer to your question...if he falls asleep in a place where you can WATCH him constantly to keep him out of trouble when he wakes up, leave him. If not, GENTLY move him over to his crate.
[notify]