GO!

Crate in pen or out?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 6:58pm PST 
I have an 8 week old mini schnauzer that I am starting to house train. When I have short things to do, I put him in the crate. When I am going to be gone longer, I put him in a pen with the crate inside the pen and leave the crate door open. I took a video when I was gone and eventually he went in the crate on his own and fell asleep. Should I be keeping the crate in the pen area? I do move the crate at night next to my bed. Any tips?
[notify]
Arya

Serious Face

Barked: Wed Jun 12, '13 8:16pm PST 
That's what I do and it works well. He probably likes having his crate in there while your gone. If he's nervous about you leaving, it gives him a familiar place where he can lay down and feel comfortable and safe. smile
[notify]