GO!

Any guesses?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 6:48am PST 
We adopted Penny 2wks ago and she weighed 3.6lbs as of yesterday she weighs 4.7lbs. She is a Chihuahua/dachshund mix she already bigger and weighs more than her mother so any guesses on how much she will weigh? I am asking because she is almost totally transitioned over to a raw diet all the guidelines say your supposed feed based on their adult weight.
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Mon Jun 10, '13 3:05pm PST 
At 4 months old most puppies are half their adult weight, it looks like Penny may be between 10-12 lbs at a year. If she is 4.7 lbs now at 3 months.

Hazel is a chiweenie too, and will be around the same weight as an adult puppy
[notify]
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Mon Jun 10, '13 11:33pm PST 
Thank you Hazel! It turns out was an issue with the scale at my local pet store. I was at Petsmart tonite picking up her smooth Nylabones and they have a scale in the vets office she is weighing in at a whopping 7lbs! I spoke to the rescue we got her from turns out mom was dauchsand/chihuahua and dad was a full dauchsand so she may be a bit bigger than we thought!
[notify]

Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 9:38pm PST 
Hazel is only 1/3 dachshund, her mom was half and half and her dad is full chihuahua. She was also the runt. I keep in touch with her siblings and her sister is bigger then their Mother already, so I guess it could have gone either way laugh out loud

But she totally looks more chihuahua, then anything.
[notify]