GO!

Puppy eating Pee Pads. Help!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 5:18pm PST 
Hi, My little 13 week old puppy chews up and eats her Pee Pads. How do I get her to stop this? Can this hurt her? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
[notify]
Obi

Sassy Britches!

Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 5:32pm PST 
Train her to go outside on a leash and get rid of the puppy pads. Every hour on the hour, run her outside. when she goes praise her and give her a treat! Clean up any accidents with enzymatic cleaner like nature's miracle. Tether her to you and Keep a hawk eye on her when she is not in her crate. Any sniffing, circling, squating and RUN outside with her to go to her potty spot. Praise, treat and repeat.
[notify]
Bosley

Will Work For- Food

Barked: Thu Jun 6, '13 8:02pm PST 
I agree - get rid of the pee pads and train her to ask to go outside. You will need to watch her like a hawk for any signs of her needing to pee and if you can't watch her, in a crate she goes. A 13 week old puppy won't take very long to catch on to the idea but the longer you wait the harder it will be.
[notify]

Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Sat Jun 8, '13 12:46am PST 
I have the same problem except with newspapers confused

I keep them under her pee pee pads, because the new ones I got her are to small, and she would step on it and pee on the edges. When I ignore her I notice that is when she goes and chews on it. I just tell her no and take her away from them, and give her something to play with or chew on.

She actually has not done it in a couple weeks
[notify]