GO!

So.. Is he a GSD?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 3:24pm PST 
He looks GSD/Border Collie mix to me! I hear they're a lovely mix wink

He's still got some growing to do, and mutts can change so drastically in looks in a short time, so it'll be neat to see how he turns out! Farley is long-haired now, but when he was a pup his fur was pretty short.

Farley at ~6 months

Farley now
[notify]
Arkane

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 3:07pm PST 
Farles looked like such a happy puppy!
I always thought Ark's fur was short-- but I guess thats because i have Nare to compare him to, who is the king of fluff. But it is quite long.

I agree that he doesn't have a spitz type coat, his fur isn't thick at all, just long and wavy. It does remind me of a golden retriever, someone asked me if he was one today.

Heres a picture from yesterday of Ark, I think it makes him look very collie-ish and his ears look HUGE!

May 4th
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 4:20pm PST 
He looks just like a bigger, all white Nix in that picture! big grin The shape of his face, the ears.. even the hair (although safe to say if he has this much hair at this age, he's going to grow up to be quite a bit hairier!) Nix's ears were ENORMOUS at that age too. He's filled in to them somewhat, but they're still big. smile

My guess is going to be GSD/Rough Collie because of the hair, but could be mixed with a really hairy BC too. Nothing about him really says Golden to me.
[notify]

"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 4:23pm PST 
I am not seeing Golden (and just a comment, there is no such thing as an English White Retriever, it is a Golden Retriever bred to the British KC standard) at all. None of the Golden anything mixes I have seen have such pronounced upright ears and I don't see any Golden in the face.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 5:51pm PST 
That's the exact thought I had when I looked at that picture, Nix! He looks strikingly like Nix, just all white.

I don't see Golden either. Still think GSD x Collie, but if he was GSD x BC, the long hair could come from the GSD if it was a plush or long coat.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 7:12pm PST 
I can see a lot of collie-type in him... Not necessarily "THE" Collie, but Aussie or BC. You are going to have a blast with him!!
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 8:52pm PST 
Whatever he is, he is gorgeous. I love those ears, like a butterfly dog. I'll bet that he will be a really striking dog when he grows up.
[notify]
Chachi

Mama's Soulmate

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 11:01pm PST 
So flippin' cute!!!!! Sez another fluffy white mutt. wink
Tuck

CHIC CH. Tuck- CDX TDX RN VNEX- TDI SAR-W3

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 5:59am PST 
Looks eskimo spitz/border collie'ish to me
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jun 3, '13 9:11pm PST 
From his pics he looks like he's a purebred white GSD/white shepherd puppy. Long coats are common in the GSD breed, about 80% of GSDs carry the gene for long coat.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2