GO!

Edwards Training Poor Breeding

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Sun Apr 21, '13 10:05am PST 
Yoshi - I knew of this breeder based on the work I've heard in the trial circuit. What I read here completely conflicted with the reputation I was aware they'd built.

If you want to believe everything you read on the internet that's fine by me, no skin off my teeth. But that is DEFINITELY not how I roll lol.

way to goway to go
[notify]
Trigger

*Blackdog*

Barked: Sun Apr 21, '13 10:10am PST 
Jake, Squ'mey and Tiller way to gored face
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sun Apr 21, '13 11:44am PST 
Re: eating poop. I KNOW how Shadow was raised. No question she was kept clean. With an already iffy immune system I took no chances. Waste and left over food were disposed of immediately. Dishes, bedding etc were cleaned daily or more. It took me 4 months to break her of the poo eating habit. It's just something some dogs do.
[notify]

Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sun Apr 21, '13 1:30pm PST 
Jethro is the worst poop eater I have EVER seen. He was raised by hand, bottle fed, and was NEVER, EVER in any area where any poop was ever left, the second he went, it was picked up, and it still is. However, given ANY chance at all, he will instantly eat it!! Sooo, unclean he wasn't!!!
I wasn't gonna get into this, it sounded too much like a disgruntled puppy buyer overreacting to me, but...
Yoshi, Trigger DOES KNOW these people. Frankly, if it were me someone was badmouthing on a public forum I would HOPE that someone like Trigger would indeed reach out to me.
And, I also did the research on the forums and agree with Tiller...there have been ONLY two topics about these breeders previously and one was, in fact, the OP on this posting. They did not contact the breeder then, nor do I expect nor believe (according to Triggers information as well), that any contact with the breeder has been made at this time, either. How in the world does anyone expect this breeder to deal with the issue IF the OP has never contacted them???? Breeders aren't mind readers, after all.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Sep 7, '13 7:58am PST 
We purchased an Italian Greyhound from Becky and have been extremely happy with her. She is healthy, and the vet said she is a perfect example of the breed. She was very well-socialized and is not skittish like the breed is known to be. I know a couple of people have had bad luck with this breeder, but I am looking forward to purchasing another puppy from her someday.
[notify]
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Sat Sep 7, '13 10:08am PST 
I'm not sure if it's my computer giving me fits or not but I couldn't access the "Stud/Dams" page at all after trying a few different times, shrug
[notify]

Barked: Sun Sep 8, '13 11:41am PST 
I honestly have no idea why anyone would have a puppy shipped to them. There are dozens of breeders located in the same state, no doubt. When we were looking at breeders I looked for ones within six hours from our home so we could drive and pick up our puppy ourselves guaranteeing satisfaction as well as to see conditions, etc. Also, we were able to see living conditions as well as the parents.

Whether breeder error or not, I'd say that if others experienced the same problems you are there would be more negative feedback on the web. Breeders are difficult to get a hold of (ours was). I hate to say, but most puppies are sick the first few days. I was so concerned about my puppy that we brought him to the vet and was reassured it was just the stress. Puppies are not given rabies but instead given worm medication. Also, it seems like a lot of Corgi's suffer from osteo-arthritis (especially if you research it) and is common in younger dogs from what I could tell by doing a little research on Google.

Poop eating. A lot of dogs do this and could be from the food you feed. If they are lacking nutrition they will eat grass/poop (my vets have never blamed living conditions for poop eating). Not usually indicative of a messy kennel or house. I think you need to visit another vet and talk with them. Your vet sounds like he wants to milk you for all you got and instead of helping with a situation is instead causing discourse. I went to one vet when my puppy was experiencing loose stool constantly and he kept saying it was a bacteria the puppy had gotten from the mother and get giving antibiotics. Eventually, after multiple vet trips I had had enough and went to a new vet. Sure enough the previous vet was wrong. My puppy had food allergies that were causing issues with his digestion.

Also, some simple online research might help as well. Again, seriously consider visiting a new vet. They aren't all knowing and some are just in the money making business. If the breeder was truly at fault - they will get what's coming.
[notify]
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Sun Sep 8, '13 7:01pm PST 
I'm going to try my luck now smile.
[notify]
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Sun Sep 8, '13 7:09pm PST 
No luck. I couldn't access the "Studs and Dams" page.

Someone said that there were only 2 dogs listed there. I looks like that might be true. There is a big, brown square in one of the corners. ? My computer is weird I guess.

One more thing to add, I wonder how they can fit so many puppies in a master bedroom. ?
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 10:43am PST 
Guest, sometimes people have no options. There are more rare breeds that do not have breeders everywhere.. an example is the breed I'm getting, the Kai Ken. There is only 3 or 4 breeders in the United States, the closest to me being in Colorado-- a 30 hour drive there, another 30 back. It would cost me a lot more in gas to drive there and back than have pup shipped to me.

For other people-- it is a lot more simpler to say "I want that puppy", buy it and have it shipped to them, instead of putting any effort into researching breeders. A reputable breeder wouldnt sell to someone so irresponsible and compulsive anyways.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3