GO!

Socialization. so far so good!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Terry

Barked: Wed Apr 10, '13 6:25pm PST 
Hello!! Woof!,Terry here.

I have three months now,and my owner takes me on car rides whenever she can,she introduces me to lots of people and dogs, i also know how to be around chickens,i have a friend who is a cat and we play-fight all the time,i am somewhat respectful..But hey! I am learning!.

I am calm in new situations,even today I went with her to visit a friend,there was loud music on the neighborhood,people talking,loud noises and a doggy when we arrived,i was very calm and curious. i am a little unsure of strangers but she picks me up to say Hi and i start to wag my tail and squirm in joy when they pet me. she doesn't pick me up unless it is really necessary around new dogs or strangers so i can built self confidence! I have teething toys that are normally for human babies but they work really good and i stopped chewing on strange things....well..sometimes i do..but..shh...

I bark,i play,and i love water! but don't quite like taking baths. I'm still learning where i should do my business,but its only been a months since i got here!.

What do you think about my socialization so far?. oh! and i already know how to use a leash and collar and feel comfy with both.
[notify]
Juniper

Backtalking- sassface

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 11:18am PST 
Sounds like you're doing a wonderful job. My pup pretty much went EVERYWHERE with my bf and I when we first got her. To the store, to the mall, to the pet store, to the vet just cause, on a 3 hour trip and then a 10 hour trip. She's so used to the car the second she gets in she plops down to sleep. Its great. We are still taking her loads of places and are planned a trip downtown on a bust night to introduce her to the 'night life' there: Street performers, music, colorful people.. I think it'll be a blast.

Now at 6 months she's hit a bit of a fear stage. Randomly started barking at a pile a bags the other night on a walk, her hackles up. I had to walk over and pat them to show her they weren't going to eat her. :/ We're working through it quickly, but she has reactions to the silliest things.
[notify]