GO!

What to pack, picking up puppy.

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Fri Apr 5, '13 10:09am PST 
Don't worry Toto I upgraded my phone to the iphone 4s for the camera for this trip!! If you were on facebook you'd be getting bombed with puppy pictures this weekend like everyone else on my friends list. Not that you haven't seen a few black mini poodle puppies before. laugh out loud

Jewel is going to her Auntie's house where her BFF lives so I'm sure she'll be much happier there. Plus I never asked the breeder if I could bring Jewel, I believe one of the standards is expecting soon and while I know Jewel is healthy I wouldn't want to worry her.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 5, '13 12:19pm PST 
Frankly, I absolutely HATE it when people bring their dog here when meeting my puppies. First of all, their dog is NOT going to act at all the same as it will when it is home meeting the puppy and nothing is going to be gained that way, but, imo, most importantly...
It screws up ALL my dogs to have a strange dog in their home, especially when there is a momma there with puppies. And, everyone's dog comes into MY house and pees on my living room rug. I know, I know, they would NEVER do that at home, but they are not home and they gotta mark MY house. Then, my dogs all sniff it and they gotta mark it, too.
If you are getting an older dog then, fine, meeting first on NEUTRAL ground is a good idea, but when it comes to a puppy there is nothing at all to be gained by bringing your other dog/s, except stressing the puppy even more.
That all said, yes, when I am getting a new puppy or dog, I do usually bring someone along, usually Toto or Beanie, but I do that for me for their companionship on the trip out and in the motel assuming there is an overnight involved and they will stay in the car while I am at the breeders house.
How's the weather report????
No faceless book for me, to many security breaches with them!!!!!!!!!!!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2