GO!

More curiosities

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Terry

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 6:55am PST 
Hello. Terry's human here.

I have observed some behaviors that i can explsin and others that are simply....rare.

He barks to my older dog,whenever she is not interested into playing...he doen't do that to me.

He wants any toy she is holding,even if there are others in the room...but she is pretty much the same.

He is lifting his leg to pee. Not all the time and only outside.
*only two and a half month*

He nibbles at our feets when he wants to play in the morning,and,my pants,he bites those whenever they are long and when i'm walking or standing. Of course,thid one i adress and tell him to stop. I do it over and over and now it takes a simple "hey!" And he stops...until i walk again xD.

They respect eachother for the most part,but,are this simple puppy behaviors or things i should correct?. I kniw some can be innocent now but not when he becomes an adult.

What do you think about this little quirks...any problem?...and,just because he is adorable,and mall,doesn'stop me from correcting,but i wanna know wich of this are worthy of that,or of just ignoring.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 4:30pm PST 
Sounds like a totally normal puppy. Most dogs outgrow the pants grabbing behavior, but you can gently discourage it. If your other dog is handling it appropriately when he annoys her, I'd let her deal with it. Just make sure she gets time away from the puppy to relax, especially if he doesn't back off on his own when she asks for space.
[notify]
Terry

Barked: Fri Mar 29, '13 4:50pm PST 
He backs off when she ask him to,only thing is that whenever i pet and hold her he wants attention too...He's an attention grabber.

PD: My typos...Excuse my horrible cellphone keyboard D:
[notify]

Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Mon Apr 1, '13 4:34pm PST 
They all sound completely normal for a puppy. My little Hazel is 17 weeks now and does most of those things. My assumption is they need to learn how to have manners from other dogs as well as people. Right now he is just a baby and learning what is right and wrong, so that is all completely normal.

My only suggestion would be to monitor the play that happens between the puppy and the older dog. Sometimes dogs can be short with puppies, when they get tired of getting pushed around.
[notify]
Terry

Barked: Wed Apr 3, '13 8:54pm PST 
They have had some little squarrels. Mostly noise and him getting scared. They play tug of war but i am starting to think that is a bad idea so instead i will teach them to respect each other when any of them has a toy.
[notify]