GO!

First timer here, lots of questions!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Sam

I eat- EVERYTHING!

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 7:04pm PST 
He's actually started using the blankets in his crate as a chew toy yesterday. Well, around the house he sees EVERYTHING as a chew toy. We have a lot of electronics and I'm always losing my head taking away all the power cords from his mouth since those are actually very dangerous for him to chew on.

His crate is right next to my bed. These last two nights I actually got him to go into his crate willingly! I basically made it so that the crate was RIGHT next to my bed, so the only way he could be closest to me was if he went in. He did, and I'd give him lots of pets and treats for being quiet in the crate. Then I'd close the door when I wanted to go to sleep and he didn't complain. He makes it through the whole night (7-8 hours) without a potty break, which I'm amazed at.
[notify]
Hershey

Bark it Loud &- Proud!

Barked: Thu Mar 21, '13 3:02pm PST 
applause Good job!

I need to warn you that he will turn into an angel until about 6 months of age at which time he will turn into a juvenile delinquent laugh out loud and start testing his boundries. You will survive...but I recommend starting him in a Puppy Class... then basic obedience classes and just continue to reinforce what you learn.

In the mean time...play time with your puppy is important. It builds strong bonds and it gets the little guy tired. A tired dog is a good dog wink

Edited by author Thu Mar 21, '13 3:07pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2