GO!

Puppy separation anxiety :o/

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Skipper- a.k.a Skip

Terror terrier

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 11:13am PST 
I've been a lot better today puppy

Tough love, as much as it kills me lol...

I tried him in his crate with a large stuffed toy and I even put one of my shirts on it... It didn't work :o( Skip was in such a panic, he didn't even notice they were there. I'm very worried about him hurting himself now. He chews and scratches at the bars of the crate :o(

So, plan B... I'm going to cover the living room in Cribox to deter him from chewing anything and when I leave for half an hour tomorrow, I'll leave him there with all his toys and puppy pad... I also downloaded a noise recording app on my phone so I'll leave my phone at home and listen back to see what he was like puppy

For some reason, he doesn't mind being left in the living room, if I'm in the kitchen, he cries a little but then occupies himself and settles down.

He's sleeping on the big stuffed toy as I speak so I think he's learning to self-soothe puppy he cried to get on my lap for a while but I ignored him and now he's fast asleep on the floor! smile
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 10:23am PST 
Skipper... thanks!!!
BTW, I've gradually oozed the stuffie over toward the crate and finally put it in, door open for a few days, THEN closed door. Works well!!
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 11:39am PST 
Glad he is getting better. Those puppy shrieks really tug at the heartstrings.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2