GO!

Border Collie and what?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 5:09pm PST 
EDIT: For some reason the photos are not showing up even though they show up in preview. So, I guess I'll just post links. =/

Okay, so I'm not quite sure of my dog's breed. The papers from the Humane Society that I got her from said that she is a border collie/lab mix but the papers from the shelter that she was originally at says that she's a border collie/shepherd mix.

I do see a lot of similarities between her and other border collie/labs except that she has pointed ears rather than floppy. I noticed in some pictures that I've found that border collie/shepherd mixes have pointed ears. Most of them I see don't look much like her at all but I did find some pictures on Google that look just like her and they were labelled as border collie/shepherds

I asked my dog's trainer what he thinks and he said he does see border collie but he doesn't see lab or shepherd at all so now I have absolutely no idea what she is.

So, I'd like to get some second opinions.

She is roughly 5 months old. Also, the tip of one ear is these pictures is still slightly down but now it's completely up.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/555354_10151292548 463129_1845370502_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash 4/374193_10151292548458129_927896954_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fb cdn.net/hphotos-snc6/603011_10151292548393129_1567101350_n.jpg

Edited by author Mon Feb 25, '13 2:01am PST

[notify]

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 5:43pm PST 
Um, not sure what happened to the pictures I put on here. =/
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 5:21am PST 
I don't see Lab at all, that's for sure. Shepherd would be more plausible, but she looks too little, even at only 5 months. I take shelter guesses with a grain of salt. Most of the time they aren't very familiar with breeds as it is, and they'll consider anything black and white HAS to have BC in it, while anything that's a solid color like black MUST be a lab mix. laugh out loud We have tons of black and white pit bulls around here in shelters and rescues that they have listed as Border Collies, and I'm just like... "are you serious?" One time there was an obviously-purebred Cattle Dog that they had listed as a Dalmatian mix. lol!

But she is very, very cute! smile Maybe a BC/Kelpie or Cattle Dog mix?
[notify]

Olive

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 3:31am PST 
I did have someone on another forum guess BC/Kelpie. Now that I've looked up what a Kelpie looks like she does share a lot similar facial features of one.
[notify]