GO!

We don't know the breed of our dog.

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Tempe

Party Time!!!

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 10:58pm PST 
We adopted Tempe late August 2012. The shelter we adopted her from had no idea what her breed is. We've spoken with friends, colleagues, and a few professionals and every single person gives their own opinion. Not one person agrees. So we'd like your input please. smile

Breeds people have suggested:
German Shepherd
Boxer
Mastiff
Great Dane
Labrador Retriever
Pit Bull Terrier
Sato
Rhodesian Ridgeback

Thanks a bunch! dog
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 11:58am PST 
He looks like a boxer/pittie mix to me.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 1:45pm PST 
I'm seeing boxer for sure. And would think something with a larger muzzle than pittie...I'm guessing Boxer/Lab.

Cute. Real cute.
[notify]

Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 4:35pm PST 
He looks a lot like a friend's boxer/rottweiler mix. Not in to the trend of "designer dogs" at all but she calls them "Boxweilers" laugh out loud
[notify]
Tohbi - Deceased- 10/04/2013

Blue-Eyed Devil

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '13 1:44pm PST 
I'm gonna guess yellow cur. The way those ears stick up says mountain cur/yellow cur/catahoula to me. But... I'm biased.
[notify]
Tuck

CHIC CH. Tuck- CDX TDX RN VNEX- TDI SAR-W3

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 6:49am PST 
He looks like the plain yellow dog. The kind of dog that steals your heart, commits his life totally to the benefit of you and your family. It asks little in return, and is grateful you saved him.

You took the package knowing he was a mixed breed and accepted it willingly. What changed that suddenly you have to put him in a pigeon hole and assign him a breed?

Please let him validate himself by on his own terms. Please accept him as he is, and don't try to make him something he's not. He will return the favor to you in spades.

Assigning a breed (right or wrong, and he obviously isn't a purebred anything) should not change your relationship with him. He gives you all of his heart.
[notify]
Tyler

Whippy- The- Whipador

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 12:33pm PST 
It's not wrong to want to assign a breed mix to your rescued pup though, Tuck. People get curious and it's fun trying to guess possible mixes.

There is a probably alot of breeds in Tempe and i can't really pinpoint any one breed i see in her, but there is no harm in guessing and seeing what answers people come up with way to go
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Feb 24, '13 1:02pm PST 
I think most people with mystery mixes have some degree of curiosity about what breeds their dog might be. Doesn't mean they love them any less. I wonder what my shelter mutt is, but it wouldn't change how I felt about him if I suddenly found out for sure what breeds he is.

My first thought was that Tempe looks a bit like a Blackmouth Cur. But I think they're one of those breeds that a lot of mixes resemble, without actually having any Cur. So I'd probably lean toward the Lab x Boxer mix.

Edited by author Sun Feb 24, '13 1:24pm PST

[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 9:04am PST 
Second that, or third it or whatever. I love mixed breeds, but also love speculating on what their mix is. I don't really care WHAT they are, they are living conversation pieces.
[notify]
Mr. Blue

I'm not blue at- all!

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 12:15pm PST 
What does she weigh?
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2