GO!

MEET MUFFIN

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Muffin- Shinaynay- Stewart

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 12:02am PST 
I brought my sweet toy poodle baby home yesterday. I have only a couple of pics of her so far, but I'll get some better ones soon. She's so Sweet! I named her Muffin. I was going to name her Pamela, but then I thought.....ehh. Muffin just sounds sweet, you know? I'm feeding her TOTW High Prairie Puppy. Yesterday when we got home, I let her settle for a few hours, and then I gave her a nice warm bath, and fluffed her up. My Step-Dad is in love with her lol. She's a good puppy. She let me sleep as ong as I wanted to, and I finally went and woke her up to take her to go potty. The Breeder was feeding her Diamond Naturals but I'm weening her off that and switching to TOTW. She seems to like it. Go check her page out guys, and tell me what ya think smile

Edited by author Tue Feb 19, '13 12:05am PST

[notify]

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 8:47am PST 
I put some better pics on there ya'll... Go look at her! She;s precious...cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9little angellittle angellittle angellittle angel
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 11:30am PST 
She is cute. Toto offered a warning on another post about her being so young. Please heed her advice and do lots of learning so you can keep your sweet pup healthy and happy.
[notify]

Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 4:57pm PST 
She's adorable!! Congratulations! cloud 9
[notify]

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 5:16pm PST 
Advice on her being so young about what?...
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 6:20pm PST 
Go and check the Poodles thread. She posted as Ali.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 6:25pm PST 
This was Toto/Ali's post in the other thread:

Rosie, I thought about not saying anything, but, since you don't have the puppy yet I would like to point out that NO breeder I know with toy poodles EVER releases them to a new home prior to ten weeks and most keep them until twelve weeks.
Toy poodles are extremely fragile and very, very prone to hypoglycemia, which can and does quickly kill them if not recognized and dealt with immediately. Because of this, my puppies aren't even weaned before ten weeks as that way I know they are getting food made especially for them from their mother, when they need it, day and night. No "dog food" can substitute for their mother's milk.
Hopefully your pup's parents have also had eyes, hearts, patellas, and DNA testing and certification prior to doing the breeding... if not, I would keep searching for a breeder more concerned about their puppies lifetime health and wellbeing and not about how quickly they can sell the puppy.
Sorry to hijack your thread, Lenny, but this is an issue way too common in toy poodles. I am a groomer and we groom far too many crippled, blind toy poodles who came from a "breeder" who cut all the corners on proper testing and raising toy poodles so they could make a buck. Trust me, if I can prevent just one person from going thru that heartache, I will certainly try!!!

Poodles thread

Since you have her now, I would second what Sabi said. Make sure you learn about potential problems, like hypoglycemia, and how to recognize them. Toto would actually be a great person to paw mail about that, as she's very experienced in the breed.

Edited by author Wed Feb 20, '13 6:50pm PST

[notify]
Miss- Scarlett

Pick me- up...please!

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 7:17pm PST 
hug Congratulations! Your adorable!
[notify]
Jack

Jack - Cofounder of- Jackboy's Dog- Bakery

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 8:52am PST 
Hi Muffin! So cute!!!! XOXO from Jackboy!
[notify]
Fancy

Fancy& Rambo- Chinese Crested- Littermates

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 2:49pm PST 
Hi Muffin!!!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2