GO!

I Want To Know EVERYTHING About Puppies!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Bellatrix

Crazy Ball'O Fur

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 10:58pm PST 
Hello again,

So the likelihood of of us moving is about an 8 out of 10 right now, and if we move, it means I will be able to foster (Which I've always wanted to do to help dogs!) And the ultimate goal of me fostering would be to hopefully find a good Service Dog candidate (And help dogs for course)

Anyway, long story short, if I am able to start fostering, I'd want to foster a pregnant mom/puppies/young dogs because Service Dog training takes so long, and with puppies they won't have already be raised badly to increase the possibility of behaviour problems. Therefore I'd like all information possible on how to care for pregnant moms and puppies. Everything please! I'm doing this way way way in advance though, just because I want to make sure I know everything I can before actually doing it. (Plus it never hurts to have info, even if I don't end up fostering) Just like when I got my Guinea Pigs, I had researched for half a year, but when I got them, I still made so many mistakes, I want to lesson the amount as much as possible (Though of course, some things you can only learn from experience)

Anyway, so if everyone wouldn't mind providing me links and such with good puppy information, everything from vaccinations, to at what age you can take the outside, to what's the best way to go about socialization with a young puppy if you don't have friends with dogs, and most important, ways to prevent possible behaviour problems.

Though I know a lot about adults I've never handled puppies before. I do know some, but I want to make sure all my info is correct and what not. Any tips and tricks would be helpful!
[notify]