GO!

Kongs?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 4:24pm PST 
I am thinking of getting my puppy a Kong. I have never used one before. What are some food items I can stick in it for my puppy???
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 5:33pm PST 
These should give you some ideas:
So, what's in your kong today?
50 Ways With Kong
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 5:37pm PST 
Thank you! big grin
[notify]

Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 6:43pm PST 
Definitely get a Kong! They're the best! Food, stress relief, fun... big grin Just a great invention in general.

And, yeah, those links have great ideas! Personally, my favorite is to put some sort of wet/mushy human food (like leftover meat and rice) and freeze it. Freezing makes it last longer. It's cold now, though, so I'd serve it warm or room temperature.
[notify]
ROSCOE

The World Is My- Playground

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 11:58am PST 
Great Links Onyx!

Yes, get a Kong! In fact get several...I always keep one full of treats or some of their daily kibble mixed with peanut butter in the freezer. It's a great way to keep them happy, mentally stimulated and good to teach them to stay in their crate. A Frozen one lasts me about 1/2 hr.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 4:58pm PST 
Yes, Kongs are terrific, there is also a brand called Mojo that is great for really strong chewers. My dogs aren't bright enough to work food out of a ball so one of the best ideas someone gave me was to put small treats in the ball then cover the opening with peanut butter or spread cheese and then freeze. Being frozen takes longer to lick through and then all the goodies roll out.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 2:55pm PST 
Kong makes a treat ball that is awesome. It has ridges on the outside that all my dogs find interesting to knaw on. And the floaty kong with the rope attached is great as well.
[notify]