GO!

Leaving Puppy Alone

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Sir Snicker- Doodle

Snickers -- The Cutest- Little Moppet

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 4:51am PST 
Woof... Good morning...

I almost 3 months old and I have spent all my time with Mommy and Daddy (And Grandma).

Mommy's schedule on tuesdays is weird... she works for an hour and half and then comes home for several hours and then goes back to work. She is talking about leaving me gated in the bathroom (With my bed, blanket and toys and the radio on to keep me company) for that hour and half and then before going back she would take me to Grandmas.

She says she wants me to be confident and get used to being left alone for a little while because she knows I can't go with her EVERYWHERE...

I guess Mommy's question is... Am I too young to be left alone for a little while? I did okay the first time she did it... we both cried a little... but I didn't have any accidents and I was happy to see her. And she said it would only be one day a week. That way she can come back and be with me until it's Grandma time!

Any thoughts? If I'm too young now... when would be a good time to start doing this?

Woof! Thanks!
[notify]
Lexus

shy girl

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 5:07am PST 
I dont think you are to young at all. baby gates across the bathroom, or crate training, I think is the best thing to do while you are alone because then you have your own little 'safe place' and can't get into anything dangerous or get into trouble. I am sure you will cry for the first while a bit, but indeed you can't go everywhere with your mom all of the time so it is best to get used to that now.
Comfy bed, safe toys, a radio.....your own little kingdom. That's a great idea, and good luck! way to go
[notify]

Barked: Mon Feb 4, '13 11:12pm PST 
You're definitely not too young to be left alone. In fact, 3 months is the right time to start getting dogs independent. Putting up a baby gate and crate training would definitely help. Besides, 3 month old pups like you can be left alone as long as 2 hours max.
[notify]