GO!

Chihuahua to...Lab?!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3  
Lexi

i wiggle my- entire body

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 7:21pm PST 
awww he is adorable! dont look lab to me either.
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 8:47pm PST 
So cute! He's sweet and adorable whatever he is.cloud 9
[notify]
Alice

I am the Keeper

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 1:20pm PST 
how cute! but lab??????

thanks for the color gene links. I had always believed they were solid coated.

mom aways thought a yellow/black would be a cool combo
[notify]

Jinx

Koala Bear

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 5:48pm PST 
I was too curious for my own good- I went ahead and ordered the Wisdom Panel DNA kit. We'll find out once and for all just how "purebred" this supposed Labrador is! >big grin
[notify]
Fenrir

Veni Vidi Nom

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 6:22pm PST 
I would take the results of the Wisdom Panel with a grain of salt. Sometimes they look fairly accurate, but most of the results I've seen have looked pretty unlikely. My shelter mutt came back as 25% Old English Sheepdog, 25% Chow Chow, 14.48% Shetland Sheepdog, 10.16% Silky Terrier, 7.93% Sealyham Terrier, 6.37% Irish Setter, 3.54% Manchester Terrier. Neither my vet nor I can see any of those breeds in him. So while the DNA tests are fun, I think they have a long way to go as far as accuracy.

As he matures, it should become more obvious what breeds he resembles, and at the very least, shouldn't be too difficult to tell if he's pure Lab or not.

Edited by author Sun Jan 27, '13 6:35pm PST

[notify]
Zim

OBEY ME

Barked: Sun Jan 27, '13 8:21pm PST 
He looks a bit like a Shiba Inu mix to me. The coloring (which is a black and tan and white that I've not seen on others), prick ears, the size, etc.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 7:05am PST 
He's adorable. But I don't think he is a Lab.
[notify]
Jinx

Koala Bear

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 9:27am PST 
A happy update for everyone!

I'm not much of a big dog person, but luckily, I found someone who is- and not only that, her little girl's birthday was coming up. So, I got to be the happy witness to a 6 year old girl getting a puppy for her birthday. They'll be the perfect family for him!

The DNA test came back, too- as mostly Rottweiler! I informed the new family of this, no worries, and they're doing incredibly well with the new puppy. Their little girl loves him to death.

I'm sticking to my more travel size friendly pets.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 28)  
1  2  3