GO!

Chihuahua to...Lab?!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Jinx

Koala Bear

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 5:55am PST 
Just an update! The puppy has been home for a couple of days now, and he's settled into the pack smooth as butter! He and my nine month old chihuahua hit it off right away- they've been nonstop playing and wrestling, though I have to keep the Chihuahuas from hoarding toys and treats on the couch, because the baby Lab can't quite make the jump yet! XD

Last night consisted of a cold, cold walk, and then relaxing on the couch with all five dogs collapsed on and beside me, snoozing as I played a video game and watched Animal Planet. It's going well so far!
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 7:10am PST 
This sounds adorable. I noticed that our two little ones have taken to using the Lab as a heating pad now that it has turned cold here. They have been laying all over her the last few days. And she loves it.
[notify]
Dora

A-Dora-ble!

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 8:43am PST 
Some Common Mismarks in Labradors

Black and tan is definitely possible.
[notify]

Jinx

Koala Bear

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 8:45pm PST 
More good news! Puppy went to the vet today and got a clean bill of health. Though, he's only six and a half pounds at eight weeks- both me and the vet think he's too small to be a purebred Labrador. I have to admit, my curiosity is getting the better of me. Probably going to order one of those mutt DNA kits, just to know for sure!

He's very timid, but I'm making sure he handles things in a healthy way. No babying for this puppy!

I'm calling him Castiel for now, Cas for short. smile He's adorable.
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 9:14pm PST 
Gah! I absolutely love the name Castiel!! (Is it from Supernatural? Cas is the main reason I like that name, lol.) smile

Btw, hope we get to see pics soon! He sounds adorable! I'm glad they are doing well together. blue dog
[notify]
Jinx

Koala Bear

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 9:22pm PST 
Yes, it's from Supernatural- Cas is my favorite character, and his eager to please attitude with the Winchesters is just like this puppy with everyone he encounters! XD I'll post up some pictures tomorrow- my pack has worn me out for tonight!
[notify]
Twister

forever loved

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 9:26am PST 
Lol, he is my favorite too...sounds like my kind of pup as well. That's great he is working out so well.puppy
[notify]
Jinx

Koala Bear

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 11:46am PST 
Some pictures of Cas! Let me know what you think- Black and Tan Labrador, or all American Mutt? big grin

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/320988_101009996671 90938_1599209016_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4 /251941_10100999668104108_128418410_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbc dn.net/hphotos-ash3/553029_10100999667410498_1400698580_n.jpg
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 3:19pm PST 
I am no breed expert, but no way is that a Labthinking He is adorable though smile
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 7:15pm PST 
Rollovers
Castiel 1
Castiel 2
Castiel 3

Doesn't really look like a Lab to me either. Head and ears look wrong for a Lab.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3