GO!

Are you cool with other people kissing your puppy?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 7:54am PST 
I guess it would depend on how close i am to that friend or housemate Mary Jane and what kind of relationship they had with my dog.

Edited by author Sun Jan 20, '13 7:56am PST

[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 12:40pm PST 
The first time someone kissed Moose I was a little weirded out by it. I mean, it's sweet to have someone be so ga ga for your dog, but to kiss him on the head like he's theirs is kind of weird.
Plus, as others have said, I don't want to kiss Moose where someone else has. I don't want their germs.

I love dogs and I love saying hi to dogs and of course especially puppies, but I wouldn't dream of kissing someone else dog.
[notify]
Mary Jane- Chronic

Jack's Blessing

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 12:42pm PST 
Off topic but my dog Moose you're adorable!! cloud 9
[notify]

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 1:11pm PST 
No. Only because I can guarantee it's going to make my dogs uncomfortable too. I wouldn't force that on my dogs, and I certainly wouldn't appreciate anyone making them uncomfortable or putting them in that position either.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 1:56pm PST 
Ummm NOnaughty Not only would it make me uncomfortable, but I don't want a stranger that close to my dog.
[notify]
Jethro

Design jewelry,- not dogs!!!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 2:54pm PST 
So, Jethro has a new photo up, of course, it's him being kissed (or, maybe he was the kisser???) Right under his avatar.
Seriously, it only happens with my Frenchie puppies!!!!! Actually, someone kissed one of my toy poodle puppies, RIGHT ON THE LIPS, and she bit their nose and made it bleed (it was a puppy bite, not a defensive one!)... they were mad, I laughed and told them they absolutely deserved that one!!! They agreed they DID deserve it!
[notify]
Lexus

shy girl

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 3:45pm PST 
A complete stranger, that would just be weird........family members etc however, I do not so much mind. I have to say I would never want to kiss some strangers puppy.
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 3:55pm PST 
Well I'm sorry Jethro, but you are just too cute NOT to kiss!

When Lupi was a puppy her head just about went bald from kissing! Now that she's an adult, I certainly do not let strangers kiss her, but friends are welcome to. One of my friends has regular "makeout sessions" with my dog (her words) which Lupi seems to enjoy!
[notify]
Zephyr

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 4:10pm PST 
Maybe I just have contact with particularly mouthy puppies but putting your lips that close to a puppy is just asking for a nip.
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 8:58pm PST 
I'm with you Fritz. It's like when people touch a woman's stomach when she's pregnant... Just cuz it sticks out doesn't mean "hear, touch my stomach." A stranger...without asking permission....Boundries!!!!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2