GO!

Does anyone else live with their littermate?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 11:44pm PST 
For your info Cheveyo is the only one of his litter I have. The others were rehomed. Tundra and Drizzit are fine. They still get along normally. Tank was raised by my German Shepherd because his mother stopped nursing him and his brother Mojo. They were returned to their breeder when they were weaned but their breeder allowed us to maintain contact with both dogs as well as assist in finding homes for the other two which were Belladonna and King. I know where King is and at one point could see him anytime I wanted. I knew who had been considered for Belladonna but it wasnt until this fall that I found out exactly who had her. That was when her owner met Tank whose breeder gave him to us when she realized that he would be the perfect candidate for my husband's new Service Dog after his late dog would retire. Sadly Katana didnt get to help Tsnk learn because he died of a heart attack. But the point is not that it is that the question was asked who lives with their littermates. I simply stated that Tank does because Belladonna has joined our family and because Mojo comes and visits sometimes for a few days sometimes for weeks. The posted question and my response guest was not done as an invite for you to come out of the woodwork and attack me for a response.
[notify]
Charlie- Brown Cocoa- Puffs

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 4:37am PST 
i have two different examples. My wolves were littermates. for the most part it was good. they encouraged eachother, challenged eachother(mostly in good ways) i had the alpha and omega of the pack. they were trained to pull me on my bike. whenever they were walked or ran they were together on a coupler. however, they did have a couple disaggreements when they got older. they will bound with eachother more than a human wich means when one gets into mischief most likely the other will also. my other is charlie brown. he doesn't live with any of his littermates. however, his sire and brother do visit occasionally. they are always incredibly excited to see eachother. they have had no issues at all. however, i have never taken charlie to their house wich i could see some potential for some issues with his sire. although it hasnt happened yet
[notify]
Rambo

Rambo & Fancy CC- littermates

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 12:45pm PST 
You all are great, thanks for your help. Mom will just keep an eye on us to make sure we get socialized and independent. Not too much of this naughty or this kissing
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2