GO!

Does anyone else live with their littermate?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Fancy

Fancy& Rambo- Chinese Crested- Littermates

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 5:03pm PST 
Rambo & I are having a great time. Mom makes sure we each have time of our own. Does anyone else live with a brother or sister? How do you get along?
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 8:58am PST 
Jax didn't live with any of her litter-mates, but she did see some of them on a regular basis. She used to boss them around, even though she was the smallest. When she became an adult, she definitely was the boss, just like she was with Kali & Koby.
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 10:47am PST 
Scruffy and Starr were littermates and they got along well. However, my MIL has their littermate brother and Starr and her other brother did not get along too well. Scruffy and his brother will just mostly ignore each other and do their own thing when we visit.
[notify]

Fancy

Fancy& Rambo- Chinese Crested- Littermates

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 2:23pm PST 
Thank you for your responses,Ranmbo and I get along just great. What we read about online was that we will be too dependent on each other. I guess we just need to do some stuff apart. We play together during to day but each sleep in our own house (crate) at night.

Fancy & Rambo
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 6:20pm PST 
It's good that you're making sure they get time apart to learn how to cope without each other. smile

I don't think I'll ever have more than 1 puppy at a time, let alone littermates. I just don't have the "stuff" to raise two puppies at the same time while making sure they don't become dependent on each other.
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 7:59pm PST 
If I ever kept two out of the same litter I would rotate them with friends who were also breeders so they would learn to be people oriented rather than dog oriented. We would just keep alternating which one about every two weeks or so. Worked great.
I would not ever sell two out of the same litter to anyone. I always suggested a minimum of 8 to 10 months between the first and the second...at the very least, they need to make sure the first one is completely housebroken and trained first, then it can actually help with the second one. Otherwise they will always be depending on each other and not relating as well to humans. It is way easier for them to interact with each other than it is with humans, and too easy for the humans to let them entertain each other instead of train them and spend the time with them that young puppies need.
[notify]
Ch. Opal - BN, RE, CGC

this is the good- life

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 5:43pm PST 
Opal dosent't live with hers but I work for her breeder and she still has opal's sister and whenever I am at work those two our together they are inseprable at times and she may be the next dog I bring home
[notify]

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 8:39pm PST 
All of our puppies lived together. One was bigger than the others, and he kind of bullied his brothers and sister. At one time, he even turned on the smallest pup and it ended in a bloodshed. Thankfully there wasn't that much blood, but the smallest pup Chip did get some bad wounds.
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '13 1:12pm PST 
Tank lives with his sister Belladonna and on some occasions his brother Mojo. Right now Tank and Belladonna get along just fine. They play together and walk together and hang out in the back yard together. When I have time they do get training together as Tank is a Service Dog in Training and Belladonna will be starting her training soon.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '13 3:12pm PST 
Abrams Tank, haven't you had a bunch of litters and kept littermates like Cheveyo and her siblings too? What happened to them? How're they getting along? How're the littermates Tundra and Drizzit, too?

Edited by author Tue Jan 1, '13 3:15pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2