GO!

Recommended chew toys for chewing puppies

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Trooper

I'm such a- little trooper!

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 1:58pm PST 
Trooper wants to chew on everything, and the toys I've purchased for him just arent seeming to cut it for him. I've heard that kong is good, but I couldnt find anything small enough for him when I went. I also found some toys that claimed to be for teething, but I wasn't too sure about that, either. Anyone got any suggestions?
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 4:04pm PST 
My little ones favs are tied up pieces of fleece material, frozen tied washcloths and anything made of fabric, especially when they are teething which is right about Troopers age.
The heavier chew toys seem to hurt their gums until those teeth come in more. Even Jethro, at only 6 1/2 weeks, prefers to drag around an old piece of toweling and spends hours chewing on it. Make sure it is big enough to prevent swallowing.
As long as you throw the piece away if it gets too stringy, I think they are perfectly safe and work well!
[notify]
Star BN RN- RA

IM too CUTE

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 2:48am PST 
I agree with the fabric toys that can be frozen, they are great and gentle enough not to hurt their gums...however my dogs LOVE the petstages "orka" (a non-toxic synthetic rubber) toys. I was given one by a friend for Star when she was a pup and all my dogs (even the older ones) still play with it (Star is now 5 yrs old). It is a softer rubber that it great to freeze as it gets cold but doesn't melt like ice plus it floats so dogs like Star who love to swim can play with it in the water.

With all my other dogs when they were pups I just used fabric that I would tie in knots and freeze.
[notify]