GO!

adult weight

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 9:27pm PST 
So i have two dalmatian puppies they will be 4 months in 3 days (wow! time really is flying) Elvis weighs 20.1 and Ozzy weighs 20.9 pounds. The mother weighs about 40 and father is over 90 pounds. my questions is what do you think their final weigh will be?
[notify]
Chewy

Tall,Dark, and,- Handsome

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 12:25pm PST 
I would guess around 60-70 pounds since the mom is so much smaller than the dad, but since they are males it's possible they could grow closer to the size of the father.

Edit: I looked up how to calculate the adult weight by taking their current weight and dividing it by their age in weeks then multiply it by 52 to get the estimated adult weight.

Chewy was 12 pounds at 6 weeks old so-

12/6=2*52=104

Seems pretty accurate.

Edited by author Mon Nov 5, '12 12:43pm PST

[notify]
Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 2:20pm PST 
okay thank you! they are growing faster than i can keep up! haha i did that and so Elvis will be around 69 and Ozzy will be around 72. bigger than what i expected when i got them! what breed is Chewy?
[notify]

Chewy

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '12 3:16pm PST 
Enjoy them while they're little. smile Before you know it they'll be that big. If that is accurate they should be on the large end of the average weight I read for male dalmatians.

And Chewy is a Labrador Retriever, we weren't expecting him to get as big as he is either. laugh out loud
[notify]
Ozzy- PawsBourne

The prince of- Barkness

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 7:25pm PST 
hah yes, they are growing fast!! they are growing about 5 pounds every two weeks....I dont want them to get any bigger!! LOL and that is big for a lab!!! wow!
[notify]
Chewy

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 8:32pm PST 
Yeah, he used to be the size of his head I don't know what happened. laugh out loud
[notify]
Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 1:22pm PST 
hahah isn't that what always happens??? LOL gotta love the big dogs though smile
[notify]
Elvis Pawsly-

The king.

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 12:37am PST 
The boys are now 11 months and going through another growth spurt but last week Elvis was 46 lbs and Ozzy was 42 lbs. so not as big as I expected. But I love them just the same smile
[notify]