GO!

Teacup / "Imperial" dogs pregnant..wow, what a sad sight!!

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 8:08pm PST 
I just ran across a couple of photos on facebook of a tiny 'imperial' shih tzu that was very pregnant.

The poor little thing looked like a pup herself!!

How can breeders do this...? cry

I did look around for the woman's name and she has a breeding website and everything..and her dams and sires all LOOK LIKE PUPPIES!!

omg..
how do these little ones nurse their babies...??
how does the mother even deliver...??
how does the mom stay healthy enough to take care of her pups...??

cry

This just makes me so sad..

I know this is nothing new, but this is the first time that I actually saw a teacup/imperial 'dog' being pregnant..

My heart just breaks...cry cry cry
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '12 11:25pm PST 
What makes it sadder still is that there is no such thing as "teacup " or "Imperial"

So not only are they puppy mill //byb but they are fraudsters as well.

And .....folk will not do the reseach....will buy and the sad circle perpetuates.

There is one not far from where I live who skims just inside the law (the law as it stands, not the law that should be) I watch her VERY carefully. I cant stop her lies but I can quietly check out her dogs from time to time. One day she will make a wrong move.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Sat Aug 18, '12 12:17am PST 
It is a very sad situation.frown Poor little things. As Flika said there is no such thing as "tea cup" or "imperial" often they are either standard for the breed size or just breedings of pups/dogs on the smaller side of the standard.
Many are not all that healthy or well cared for either. My daughter wanted a small dog,she decided on a Maltese,there was a "breeder" who had alot of good sounding answers she also had a slightly older male pup from an earlier litter that was significantly reduced in price because of his age (16 weeks) if not sold soon he was going to be euthanized. My daughter brought him home for the $50 she was asking,he had every type of worm except heartworm,an undescended testicle that has to be removed abdominally at his neuter,bad teeth and some food and enviromental allergies. He has now been fully vetted and with proper food and care is doing fine,but is in fact standard size for his breed he weighs just over 5 pounds. The standard for a Maltese is 4-6 pounds. The woman has been reported to the BBB and state dog law for illegal/deceptive business practices and failure to provide proper care.
I truly wish more could be done.
Flika- Thank-you for keeping an eye on the one in your area. Every little thing does make a difference when we all work together.hug
[notify]

Emma-Gem

I'm the PRINCESS- of the house!

Barked: Mon Oct 29, '12 8:41am PST 
hmmmm that's not good! but you do realize tht in the wild they (the dogs) don't care about how old the other dog is...but as a RESPONSIBLE pet owner it is our responsiblity to either keep your male and female away from each other during heat seasons or have them spayed and neutured so that puppies are not broght into this world. as for how do they this and that females have been know to go into heat as young as 4-6 months old and they "just know how to do things" it's called "Motherly instinct" (although there are some dogs that need asistance (most dont) but if they are young like this one they might need asistance (for birth and for feeding the pups) i'd have reported it to fb!!! anyways their are some really bad people out there but theirs alot of good too!!
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 7:23pm PST 
Emma-Jem this was not an accidental litter it is breeders intentionally breeding either standard sized dogs and calling them "tea cup" or "imperial" or breeding smaller than standard sized dogs to produce smaller sized puppies.
People who do this do it only for the money,often breed multiple breeds or mixes with no health testing and often not the best of treatment or care. Many are puppy mills. It is not necessarily that the dogs are puppies when bred,simply that they are so tiny they look like puppies. I have 2 pure-bred Akitas. Both are Speutered. The person I got my female from simply bred a family pet to keep a puppy for themselves but the mother was health tested and came from good lines,so was the father. My male came from a responsible breeder who health and genetically tests all of her breeding stock,does not breed females before age 2,retires them at 5,all potential homes are screened carefully including a home visit,signing a contract is required,a health guarantee for refund or replacement is provided for the life of the dog along with a requirement that if you can not keep the puppy it is to be returned to be properly rehomed for the life of that puppy. That is how most REPUTABLE BREEDERS do business. We had a relationship with our breeder for more than 6 months before we got our puppy,and it took the better part of the first 4 months to be approved for one of her puppies.
[notify]
Mishka &- Luna

Barked: Wed Nov 21, '12 2:00am PST 
Ppl who post Imperial/tea cup shih tzus are only in it for the money. They think that if they give the shih tzu a royal name or a cute name that they can sell for more than they are worth.. Like on craigslist here in las vegas ppl are trying to sell these "Imperial" shih tzus for $1,500. The other puppy mill breeders that get me are the ppl who breed the "morkies" and other designer mixes. I found an ad on oodle.com that they were selling morkies for $1,200. I simply asked them why are they selling mixed breed puppies for more than they are worth since they are mixes. They're reply is they are selling the best puppies in the world. No, your not. Because by breeding two purebred dogs your making a mutt. You all are in it for the money and not to better the purebred breeds.

For ppl who are breeding dogs for smaller size than the standard, that just makes me sick. The smaller you make the dog the more health issues its going to create. Such as limb deformities, bad teeth (small dogs already have dental problems if not properly taken care of), bad eyes etc. The list goes on.
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 5:26am PST 
Emma-Jem, that may be true, but the majority of dogs 'in the wild' are large breed dogs, not 'teacup' or 'imperial' toy breeds...

Gosh I had forgotten about this post..
The expectant 'mommy' truly looked about 4 months and probably weighed 2.5 lbs..
It just makes me sick.
[notify]
Dunkin

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 4:46pm PST 
Many of these dogs are to small to breed. They take the runts that may have health problems and breed them. They then pass on the health problems. This makes me mad when i read about it.
[notify]
Yoshi

XD

Barked: Mon Nov 26, '12 8:48am PST 
Quick question, what is "imperial"?
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Nov 26, '12 9:55am PST 
Yoshi, it is simply a term some people use to make their puppies sound more appealing so they can charge more. I t would be like me calling my Akita's "Royal" so I could up the price a few hundred dollars a puppy. That's all. There is absolutely no difference between "Imperial" Shih- Tzu's and regular ones. They are exactly the same thing.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2