GO!

BEWARE** PuppyFind.com (Edwardstraining.net)

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3  
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Thu Oct 20, '11 7:04am PST 
Going off Ghost's point a little bit here, but the notion that all larger kennels who DO produce multiple litters a year and have larger quantities of dogs are mills is quite false.

When discussing breeders, there is often a list of black and white "rules" when selecting a puppy that for whatever reason aims to paint anything but extremely small, 1-2 breeding dog operations that only produce one litter every 3 years as irresponsible or bad.

Which I just don't understand at all. How do you build a line of dogs with such limited stock? How do you REALLY know what you are capable of producing if you've only ever produced 2 litters??

So long as the breeding dogs are properly proven (health testing, working/showing/ect), well cared for and otherwise responsibly kept... then what's the problem?

New pup is coming from a larger kennel- not massive, but by most standards a pretty big operation. They produce 4-5 litters a year, have many breeding dogs (though a good portion of them do not actually live on-site, and are co-owned), all breeding stock is health tested (including DM testing, which is slightly HUGE for a working GSD breeder), worked and/or titled, and raw fed. The breeder is very honest and knowledgeable about her dogs and her lines, is available to me when I have questions (even about things not related to my puppy), and is generally a pleasure to work with. The dogs she has produced have gone on to be working K9s, SAR and detection dogs, many Sch and tracking dogs, agility, competitive OB, and so on. I would not for one second question her status as a "reputable breeder".
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Oct 20, '11 8:08am PST 
Thats a different thing Mulder. I to know breeders who breed to outside or co-owned bitches and then advertise the pups themselves. I assume that as responsible breeders they do not want anyone else selling the pups, they want to screen buyers themselves.
This particular kennel is breeding multiple breeds and has at least 4 litters right now for sale. To me that screams puppy mill.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Nov 1, '13 7:39am PST 
When I have had a litter, I have posted on puppyfind.com
My pups have never had health issues and I am not a puppy mill.
All pups can have worms,coccidia, and girardia, this is not un common, it it transmitted from your dogs that go outside and pick it up on the lawn, and the transmit it through nuring from the mothers milk. All puppies should have a stoole sample done at 3 and 5 weeks for internal parasites.It is easy to treat.Pups should be wormed at 2,4,6,8 weeks.
Not all people who post on puppyfind have bad pups, many champion lines are on their site.
[notify]

Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Fri Nov 1, '13 10:07am PST 
Champion "lines" or direct champion parents?
I'm gonna go with "champion lines" heck my mongrel dogs could have "champion lines" it means absolutely nothing.
What matters is the direct parentage.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 24)  
1  2  3