GO!

BEWARE** PuppyFind.com (Edwardstraining.net)

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Tofu

Barked: Thu Feb 3, '11 11:56pm PST 
Hi!

I joined this site to share my experience with everyone. Please be aware of the website PuppyFind.com and EdwardsTraining.net. Before I purchased my Welsh Corgi puppy from the Edwards family (EdwardsTraining.net), I tried to look up their reviews online but couldn't find any so I want to inform others out there who are considering of getting a puppy from them.

As of now, my puppy Tofu tested positive for Garidia. I will take Tofu back to the vet in the upcoming month to test for other diseases.

The day after my bf and I got Tofu, he had diarrhea and a cough so we contacted Becky and Mark Edwards but they never called us back. It's been almost a week since we've taken Tofu home, and I still haven't heard from them.

I have never looked into breeders but I know they are suppose to provide a contract of some sort to make sure their puppies will be well taken care of but the Edwards family only provided us with AKC papers and an unofficial shot record.

They do not seem to care about their puppies, and after taking a look at their facility, I think they are just a BRB, if not a puppy mil.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Fri Feb 4, '11 4:18am PST 
I hope Tofu is well soon. Before you buy another puppy, find a breeder that has a contract, screens buyers, has titled dogs, and will invite you out to see the facilities. It goes without saying, that they will also do hip,elbow, eye, and any other testing needed by the breed.

I'm sure you are dealing with a BYB or a small scale mill. Yuck, full breeding rights, no titles, more then one breed and they have puppies listed like loaves of bread. A good breeder will have a waiting list of people wanting their puppies before breeding and will only breed a few times over a dogs lifetime.

They are pushing ACDs. There is nothing on the site about the puppies parents

Health guarantee for only three days, genetic for one year, most genetic stuff won't show up until after a year.

I am sure Tofu is a sweet wonderful dog. Get her well, get her fixed at the right time, and enjoy her. Do a search for finding a legitimate breeder for tons of information on how to recognize a good breeder.

PS a lot of even purebred dogs end up at the pound and in rescue. I am a purebred Husky and I was taken from the shelter in gulfshores as a puppy. I was given away twice before coming to my home.
Good Luck
[notify]
Hoyt

*Baby Blackdog*

Barked: Fri Feb 4, '11 5:36am PST 
Just a word to the wise for anyone looking at this thread...

NO reputable breeder will sell a puppy or dog on PuppyFind.com

ALL of them are BYB's or puppy mills

It's not at all unusual for pups to be unhealthy

Parents are rarely if ever health tested

Facilities are usually repugnant which is why they advertise online, because no one in their right mind would buy anything from them after seeing how they kept their "stock"

The people producing these puppies care only about the money they are taking from unsuspecting buyers and no, they will not call you back once the transaction has taken place and they have the money in hand

They do not care if your puppy lives or dies

They do not care if it goes to a family that's actually going to love and care for it

As soon as someone forks over cash for puppy they get started making the next ones to sell

Them offering AKC papers means nothing.
Doesn't guarantee health
Doesn't guarantee the pups were produced ethically
Doesn't guarantee the pups were ever well cared for
Doesn't guarantee that the puppies parents were ever well cared for

All they represent is that the dog is a purebred, unfortunately though even that isn't always the case as papers are easily doctored and are based on an honor system

OP - I totally agree with the above poster. At this point there is nothing you can but your best, she's a part of your family now. Get her the medical help she needs to overcome what ailments she's currently suffering from. Additionally get her spayed as soon as is reasonably possible and chalk it up to a learning experience.

I appreciate that you are sharing your experience with others. Hopefully you'll be able to prevent many others from making your same mistake.

Definitely include this link if you'd like as you educate others, it was posted by another dogster here a few days ago. It offers wonderful explanation at to the differences and how to choose a reputable breeder

(clicky link)
Breeder Comparison Chart

Edited by author Fri Feb 4, '11 5:41am PST

[notify]

Max

Barked: Fri Feb 4, '11 8:16am PST 
I am so sorry to hear about your experience and hope Tofu gets through it. I was scared at first when trying the "online" puppy thing.

Edited by moderator Wed Oct 12, '11 9:30am PST

Edited by forums moderator
Hoyt

*Baby Blackdog*

Barked: Fri Feb 4, '11 8:35am PST 
Max - I hate to break it to you but puppytrader is absolutely no different. Filled to the brim with byb's and puppy millers churning out a plethora of dogs exactly the same way with the same motives.

No reputable breeder would EVER advertise their puppies on such a site.
[notify]
Tiller- (Skansen's- Ira in the M

I DO Exist...To- Drive You Batty

Barked: Fri Feb 4, '11 9:09am PST 
Hoyt....what you are saying is reasonably true, but not exclusively so. Good breeders can and do use puppyfind, particularly if their breeds are less common. In fact, the last time we had this debate I found one of the breeders in Pippin's Pyr circle having a litter posted, and they are completely ethical; and do everything to the highest standard. Going more into your realm, Here is a GSP breeder currently on puppyfind. I wouldn't call them PERFECT, but they title their dogs, have several MHs, health test, have championship pedigrees, sell to approved homes.

The problem is it can be hard for the novice to dissect the good from the bad. The bad are so slick!, and they are the ones on puppyfind in the majority.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Oct 10, '11 7:22pm PST 
Edwardstraining.net is NOT a puppy mill!! I know Mark & Becky Edwards very well and have bought a dog from them and would buy more dogs from them. The puppies are born in their home and continue to live in their home weeks after they are weaned. She welcomes anyone interested in her dogs to come to her home and and see where her dogs live. These dogs are raised in a very loving family home.

Edited by author Tue Oct 11, '11 11:35am PST

Approved by forums moderator
Emma

Cuddle Bug

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '11 4:07pm PST 
Not all breeders on puppyfind.com are bad. My breeder does all the things Fritz mentioned and uses puppy find to advertise the pups that she does not have wait list people for. It is up to the breeder to do further research, like going and meeting the breeder and his/her dogs and requesting to see the contract and health guarantees.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '11 6:21pm PST 
Anyone advertising 35 puppies from several breeds is a puppy mill. Breeders who don't care if the puppies are sick or for that matter where they are are NOT responsible breeders.

When I was breeding dogs I never had a litter that didn't have a waiting list, I advertised in advance of the breedings. No list=no litter. People most often accused me of trying to talk them out of a pup, my sales contract was 8 pages long and included conditions on everything. They got health guarantees, vet records, birth info, pictures and registration papers. No puppy ever left my home without me having numerous conversations and meetings with buyers. And if something went sideways the pups came back to me to be resold, That only ever happened ONCE.
I am so sorry you had to go through this. Get your girl well and best of luck.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Oct 12, '11 8:28pm PST 
Thanks for sharing your experience with the breeder and puppyfind.

Maybe if you get in contact with them demand payment for vet since your pup having these issues?

Sure some good breeders may advertise, but still. Even a breeder advertising on a dog breed club could be not so good..

I think best way to find the right breeder is meeting them in person seeing where these dogs are raised and do these breeders show, hunt, agility or nose work etc? depends on the breed, but still..

The breeder should be just as concerned over any issue. I can understand late emails or missing a call due to work or something, but still not answering is a bit fishy. Do you live near them maybe going in person for some answers might help? I dunno.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3