GO!

What is the most rare breed you have ever met?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  
Posh

Pup-Pup

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 8:28am PST 
There are so many dog breeds out there, some I have never heard of, but I have met some rare breeds, they were Stabyhoun and Beauceron. What have you had the pleasure of meeting?
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 8:37am PST 
Well, I've only ever seen a Komondor one time.. they're somewhat rare.. and he was so big!
I've also met a Chinese Crested, they're a little rare.
I've also seen 2 Cane Corsos at the park here. Sweet dogs.

And we own a rare breed, an Alaskan Klee Kai.. just about 1,800 in the world at last count.

But there are probably hundreds of dog breeds out there, all across the world, many not recognized by any American registry that I've yet to see!

Edited by author Thu May 7, '09 8:37am PST

[notify]
Kahuna

Only my cover is- scary. Read my- book.

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 9:00am PST 
Affenpinscher
[notify]

Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 9:06am PST 
Kuvasz, Maremma, Akbash...All LGD breeds.cloud 9
[notify]
Trixie Bean!

none so blind as- those that will- not see

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 9:39am PST 
I met two Sicilian Hounds once. I can't find much info about them on the internet, but ive heard they are a rare breed!!
[notify]
Theodore aka- Teddy - **CGC**

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 10:02am PST 
Growing up, my next door neighbors had a Fila Brasiero and Dogue De Bordeux.

My aunt and uncle have several Hovawarts (I used to laugh at that name when I was little BOL).

Now, in DC, the rarest dog I have encountered (it seems like everything in this city is a cavalier or maltese BOL) is a Leonberger who lives across the street from us.
[notify]
Sheeba

Born to run

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 10:17am PST 
I met an Antebellum bulldog (aka altamaha plantation dog) puppy at the dog park. I don't know if it's a rare breed but I had certainly never heard of it before. He looked like a cross between an American bulldog (his features) and Catahoula Leopard (he had the gray, black, and white merle coat). Sooooooo cute!
[notify]
Sophie, SD

Mommy is- thankful for ME!

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 10:39am PST 
I would have to say ME....The Great Pyrenees! We are very rare down here. In fact, we have only seen one other one....a big giant boy!
[notify]
Stella- "Blue"

Puttin' my freak- on!

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 10:41am PST 
Rare around me least... Pharaoh hound, plott hound, Chinese Crested ummm.... can't think of any others ..
[notify]
Dolly - RIP Old Lady

Old Dogs Are The- Best Dogs

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 11:24am PST 
Growing up in a super small town, pretty much ANY purebred was rare..I remember being amazed by a Boston terrier at the vet clinic BOL. In the big city I've seen a whole ton of rare breeds but the most remarkable to date was probably the pair of Thai ridgebacks at the pet store.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15