GO!

How many times should my pup be pooping?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Mona

Doing something,- let me poke my- nose in?

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '07 1:11pm PST 
Mona usually goes 3 times a day. Once in the morning, once in the evening and then usually overnight. We are trying to figure out how to stop that(we are not crate training, just paper training). This morning I could not believe my eyes with the amount of poop shock, the good thing it was on the wee wee pads.way to go
[notify]
Sugar Daddy

Someone please- get me outta- this crate!

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '07 5:54pm PST 
I'm sorry, I got a chuckle out of this thread title.

I thought Sugar eliminated far too much, but, apparently, he is just extremely healthy. He'd eliminate nearly eveyr walk we had, and that was 6+ a day.
[notify]
Diesel

I'm innocent, I- swear!

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '07 5:58pm PST 
Diesel usually goes 4-5 times a day. I think Sugar is right on the money, maybe they are just marking their territory in THEIR own waysmile hehehe!cheer
[notify]

Barked: Sun Oct 27, '13 2:18pm PST 
My 10 week old boxer pup is pooping like 10 + times a day. I have never seen a dog go so much. She came on Iams and I have been switching her to Taste of The Wild Lamb. I leave her food free choice and take it up about 4:30. She's not a big eater with eating most of her intake in the morning. Any idea's on how to get her poop out-put down to some normal numbers?
[notify]
Benny

Where did I bury- that bone- again...

Barked: Fri Nov 8, '13 11:40am PST 
@ previous poster
your dog is pooping so often because he is getting free fed. When you pup eats, he will have to poop. Feed 3 meals a day and he will probably poop after those 3 meals and thats it.

My pup would poop after every meal until he was around 5 or 6 months and now he probably goes twice daily sometimes 3 times. He can hold it more now so he doesn't always go right after meals but generally he goes at some point after meals.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 6:31am PST 
bump
[notify]
Sammie

Barked: Sun Nov 10, '13 5:57am PST 
Sammie goes 4-5 times a day.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!