GO!

How many times should my pup be pooping?

Got a new, young, furry love in your life? This is the place for you to ask all of your questions-big or small! Just remember that you are receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a vet or behaviorist! Most important is to remember to have fun with your new fur baby.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Mike- Chupacabra

Soldier in the- Bullie Brigade

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 4:42am PST 
How many times a day should a 10 week old puppy be pooping? Mikey is "going" quite a bit. More than his sis ever did at least when she was his age.
[notify]
Vicky

Ms.- International- Identity Mystery

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 7:27am PST 
My Vicky is 10 weeks old too and she is going 3 to 4 times a day. One time in the morning before breakfast, one after breakfast, one after lunch or before dinner, one after dinner or before bed time.
[notify]
Bianca Bean

Captain of the- Bullie Brigade

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 7:46am PST 
Sometimes he's going 6 + times a day! We are over the hurdle that we had 2 weeks ago (a little bloody) after a food change. Now he's just going like crazy..ha ha. Consistency is normal now and we're having no problems. Just curious as to how much is normal...ha ha. Sorry to be gross....
[notify]

Miles

Woof!Woof!

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '07 7:00pm PST 
I've always wondered how much a puppy should be going too. Miles goes at least 4 times a day. Sometimes it seems like more. And he always goes kind of alot if you ask me! He's just a little pup. I'm expecting like...tiny little turds. Of course they're not HUGE, but I mean...sheesh!
[notify]
Waldo

Who wants to- play?

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '07 11:03pm PST 
Mama was just complaining tonight that I sure do poop a lot for a puppy. She said "how many times a day can that dog poop??" I don't know how many, but I'm gonna see if I can break some records. Today I pooped at least 4 times. I have nice poop though, because I eat Merrick's Puppy Plate and Homestyle select. But I don't know what my poop will be like tomorrow, since I ate mama's flip flop tonight. shrug
[notify]
Ruby- Rag-Doll

Ruby Rag-Doll- Dear Abby of- Doggies

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '07 11:09pm PST 
Hi, I had to answer your question even though I am a professional (vet tech, husbands a vet & I'm also a trainer/behaviorist) I am also in love with Bullmastiffs (of course anything "dog" in general smile
Anyway, to answer your question all puppies (like human kids-although I'd NEVER claim to be an expert in that department smile are all different, as long as the stool is normal (not loose, no blood, mucous, etc) then his "excessive-pooping" is normal for him.
I swear some pups (for example) can eat 4 cups of food a day but produce 12 cups of poop! I would recommend having a stool sample checked even if the stool is normal in appearance just to rule out intestinal parasites, otherwise everything is normal-just a growing pup!
Wags,
Suzan & The Bully-Gang
[notify]
Miles

Woof!Woof!

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '07 5:05am PST 
Thanks for the reassurance Ruby. Mr. Miles has had a run in with a bad case of hookworms that put him in the ER vet. Now, every little thing worries me. I brought in two stool samples in yesterday because they didn't find anything in the first one, and I didn't believe them. hahaha And it had mucus in it. Yuck. Yeah, I'm a worry wart now. But seriously, better safe than sorry.
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '07 7:02pm PST 
Hey Super pooper ,, dont forget with all them poops to keep that tail
/ pocket / cave clean bullies have or you will have big troubles
Rommel & Thor wave
[notify]
Brandy

Scared of my own- shadow!!

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '07 12:05pm PST 
My 10 week old puppy goes 3 times a day. Once when she first wakes up, then before lunch, then after dinner.

One time she went 4times and it was because I gave her a kong with peanut butter which I guess was too much for her. No more kongs for Brandy
[notify]
Chase CGC

It's Mine I Tell- Ya! Mine! Mine!- Mine!

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '07 12:26pm PST 
Chase goes, 2-3 times a day.

Pugsley used to go about 5 times a day!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2