GO!

Confused about "triplecoat" Pom being legit? It is.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 2:03pm PST 
My Little Pomeranian is definently a "triplecoat" she actually does have two undercoats which makes it difficult for my groomer. My poor groomer looks like she shaved a lamb when she's done JUST brushing my 71/2 lb Pom. My daughter has a full blood Pom, my sister has one. I have two and I know for a fact that there's a astronomical difference in fur. When I purchased mine I didn't care or know what triplecoat meant so they didn't use it as a ploy on me. My groomer would testify to the double undercoat as she does many poms and only small breeds period and mine is the only one that takes up an entire afternoon in brushing alone. Keep in mind she is only around seven lbs!!
[notify]
Cam

Birthday Boy

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 9:54pm PST 
Triple Coat isn't real, I've been told it's just things people say to make money. "Triple Coat" Poms is just Poms with the correct thick double coat. I've heard a lot of people say triplecoat, but really their is no such thing to my knowledge. I may be wrong.
[notify]
Skyline

Snow- Queen

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 6:52pm PST 
Cam is right there is NO such thing as a triple coat. Double coated breeds only have their guard hair (aka primary hair) and their undercoat (aka secondary hair).
I have groomed ALOT of double coated breeds and some dogs just have thicker undercoats than others. Or its usually a build up of dead hair that makes it difficult to brush through.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Jan 19, '14 12:45pm PST 
Yup as others has said, no such thing as a triple coat. Pomeranians are a double coated breed that consists of the outer coat (guard hairs) and under coat.

Edited by author Sun Jan 19, '14 12:50pm PST

[notify]