GO!

Is my dog a pure pomeranian or a pomsky

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

wafu

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 4:31am PST 
I was curious about my pom, many people say she was not a pure breed but the owner were i bought her said she was a pure pom. Then a friend of mine thought my pom is a pomsky because of the patterns on her fur looks like the patterns of a pom. Now i am confused =w=
[notify]
Coco

My heroine is- Coco Chanel. - She gets it.

Barked: Sun Dec 30, '12 9:00am PST 
Because of her size (26 to 50 pounds), I'd be inclined to think she isn't a pure bred pomeranian. What she is mixed with, husky or something else, I couldn't say. Either way, she is so pretty! Those markings are very unusual, and I think very lovely!
[notify]
Cam

Birthday Boy

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 9:57pm PST 
To me she looks like Pom x Husky or Eskimo x Husky. She def. have a Husky look to her face. How old is she right now and how much do she weigh?
[notify]

Sweeney- (Todd)

The demon- groomer of Fleet- Street

Barked: Mon Mar 18, '13 4:17pm PST 
Because of her coat I'm inclined to think she's a mixed breed, as well. Size and coat make me think she's not pure bred. (Not that that matters. She's still a beautiful doll and I'm sure you love her all the same cloud 9 )

Unless those pictures are old, she doesn't have the coat of any 8 mo old Pom I've ever seen. Even if it was the puppy uglies, her coat would be... well, ugly. For lack of a better term. laugh out loud It doesn't seem to be caught anywhere between puppy uglies and full coat, though. If those pictures ARE old and she was younger in them, then she'd seem awfully big.

If I had to wager, I'd guess Pomeranian and husky. I guess the designer name is "Pomsky", but to-may-toe to-mah-toe.
[notify]