GO!

A few questions about a 9 week old Pomeranian

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Poppy

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 1:47am PST 
Hi All,

This is my first post and I’m having to get used to having a lovely puppy I’m on my third day with her so I know things will get better but….

..Just a few questions if you could be so kind to help me ☺

1) My puppy crys and yaps all the time, I’ve taken her outside and she doesn’t need to ‘potty’ if I ignore her she will eventually quiet down which is okay in the day… but in the evening when I go upstairs to bed, I put her in a pen lined with training pads, with toys and her bed and water (downstairs). If I leave she will start to cry, I can only leave when she is fast asleep. Last night she woke me up from midnight and every hour after that. Any suggestions how I can help to sleep for most of the evening?
2) The breeder used to just leave food down for the puppies all the time which you can’t do if you try to poppy train. How can I get her to eat her food as soon as I put it down?

Many Thanks

Christian
[notify]
Wicket

Did you say go?- I'm in!

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 6:24pm PST 
Try putting the crate in the bedroom with you. Of course have the crate door shut, she should settle down. she is such a young puppy to be left alone overnight, she neeeds to smell your scent for reassurance.
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 11:44pm PST 
You might want to give her one of your shirts or something that smells like you to sleep with. My pups liked to have a stuffy with them too.
[notify]