GO!

First pekingese

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 11:59pm PST 
Hi, I'm new here. I got my very first peke yesterday. She's a beautiful sable color. She's a year old, and I'm looking for all the advice I can get on caring for her right. Any suggestions appreciated! Thankshappy dance
[notify]
Dolly

Garbage Disposal

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 5:04pm PST 
I just got my first peki too and shes a year also... Im learning too. She doesn't like her beds ( ive tried a couple now ) she rather eat them. Where does yours sleep? Do you also know the difference btw chew toys and other toys? I feel like if I get her something substantial to chew she may not eat her bed...and how often are you planning on bathing yours? I want to bathe her weekly but have been told not to. : ( apparently they have sensitive skin.
[notify]
Bekki

Barked: Wed May 8, '13 3:50pm PST 
My advice would be to have them clipped smile best thing I ever did for my 2! They smell so much better, are free to run and jump without all that fur and they don't need brushing at all smile
[notify]