GO!

My peke is so fussy

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Rusty

I eat healthy, i- think better

Barked: Thu Apr 23, '09 3:48am PST 
hi everyone..Rusty is so fussy these days and i cannot get him to eat anything except his treats which is a jerky chicken. Now i stop giving the treats cos someone told me Jerky chicken are not recommended and is deadly. He eats Royal canin puppy starter right now.

Can anyone tell me what he might like to eat other that his dog food. He will eat only one tea spoon of his food a day and won't eat anything else,even home cooked food. I am concerned for his health since he is only 4 months old. Please help.
[notify]
Milo

Mr. Cutie- Patootie

Barked: Tue Dec 1, '09 9:48am PST 
LOL, Pekes are so stubborn sometimes. How long has this been going on?

Also, I'm sure there are many other things he would love to eat but you said he's not even interested in home cooked food so that's a new one for me. I wish my Pekes didn't like home cooked food but unfortunately they LOVE it, lol.

I recommend changing his dog food brand, perhaps mixing his dry dog food with a small portion of wet dog food. Your dog is just a picky eater is all and my eldest Peke went thru that stage as well where he didn't want to eat dog food BUT he didn't mind table food and I blame myself for that because I never should have started giving him table scraps to begin with so what I did was I started adding gravy to his dry dog food for starters and now he's back to eating his regular dog food BUT we still have to add some wet dog food (Cesar Gourmet) with it or else he won't touch it. I give my puppy dry dog food and mix it with Authority chicken and rice wet dog food. He loves it!

Beautiful dog btw!

Edited by author Tue Dec 1, '09 9:53am PST

[notify]