GO!

Why is it that some peks' noses seemed to be more smooshed than others?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Buddy

Looks AND- Personality.- What can I say?

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '08 6:34am PST 
Why is it that some peks' noses seemed to be more smooshed than others? Is it true..or are my eyes playing tricks on me due to the color of the pek? My nose doesn't look as "smooshed" as some of my pek pals here. Just curious..and oh, by the way...step away from my bone. : )
[notify]
chinagirl

cutiepie china- babe

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '08 10:37am PST 
ya why? my pek nose is really flat.
[notify]
Buddy

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '08 11:23am PST 
I love smooshed noses, by the way..but was wondering about my parentage...LOL. I mean... I don't have my birth certificate or anything and maybe I'm a purebred pek and maybe not..but the vet says yes as best as he can tell...but it does look to Mommy like some peks noses at least "appear" flatter than others? What do y'all think? Licks and Love, Buddy.
[notify]

Buddy

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '08 11:24am PST 
I love smooshed noses, by the way..but was wondering about my parentage...LOL. I mean... I don't have my birth certificate or anything and maybe I'm a purebred pek and maybe not..but the vet says yes as best as he can tell...but it does look to Mommy like some peks noses at least "appear" flatter than others? What do y'all think? Licks and Love, Buddy.
[notify]
Zelda

Um excuse me,- I'm in charge- here.

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '08 9:58am PST 
Is it possible you have a little mix? My nose is pointier than yours, but that is because my pop was a Pom, but otherwise, I look pretty Pek-y
[notify]
lola

princess bo bos

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '08 3:47pm PST 
buddy we think you proper peke some do have flatter nose's than other's and some don't!But you look great way to go
[notify]
Buddy

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '08 10:57am PST 
Awww, shucks, Lola...I think you're beautiful. *blush* *stammer*. : ) Love and Licks, - Buddy.
[notify]
Princess

P'tetat "mom's- fave pet!"

Barked: Mon Apr 28, '08 10:47am PST 
As the world knows, we peks originally came from beijing china, like other chinese human called us as "beijing dog". Mom bought me from the pet shop in shenzhen china including my birth certificate. I always see so many peke when mom would take me for a walk especially to the grass areas. Eventhough, chinese people finds peke as ordinary breed, most chinese people peke owners are telling me that my eyes or so big and my nose is almost hidden shrug exactly like the perfect peke. For me, it is difficult for peks with very flat noses to sleep cos I snore too loud, I hardly can't breathe when I'm eating my food in my bowl and drinking my water for my nose is too smooshed. confused
[notify]
Bear

Chasing your- tail gets you- nowhere

Barked: Mon Oct 20, '08 7:34pm PST 
Hi everyone Im new here
looking for new peks as pals
woofs and paws
Bearblue dog
[notify]
Pookie

A- Pookiechu...Cute- r than a bunny!

Barked: Sun Apr 12, '09 11:09pm PST 
Probably because of a slight mix, or careful breeding so the face is less brachycephallic (smooshed).
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2