GO!

Anyone with a "docked" tail?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Loki

Mischevious- Laughing Loki

Barked: Sun Aug 19, '07 12:52pm PST 
We were surpised to see a Parson's Puppy with a docked tail at a rest stop. Its owners were equally surprised to see Loki with a full tail. Anyone else have their's docked? We think its quite unusual!
[notify]
Happy Daisy

I love to- play-all I want- to do is play.

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '07 2:56am PST 
Our Prt also has a docked tail - we thought it was a breed standard.
[notify]
Loki

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '07 1:22pm PST 
You know what? You're right!? I never noticed in the AKC standards that tails were docked. I wonder if they'd frown at me if I were to show up with my full tail a-waggin!
[notify]

Loki

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '07 3:05pm PST 
Okay, here's another question then. I've a short tail-shorter than most dogs. But it was never cut or anything. You can see what my tail looks like by checking my pics.

Does THIS kind of tail count as a "docked" tail? Or does that specifically refer to a tail that has been cut?
[notify]
Maximillion- Bear- Bonapardt

Bubba

Barked: Fri Sep 28, '07 10:19am PST 
My dog has a docked tail. it is very rare to see a parson russell terrier with a full tail, the reason they are docked is because when a terrier chases their tale they get a little aggressive with their tail, and occassionally chew it off
[notify]
Loki

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '07 1:09pm PST 
You know, I have heard of pups with dislocated tails before. Hmmm, mine is especially fun to chase ...

Oh well, more ways to pay for my Vet's new boathouse.
[notify]
Rosie

Rattie- Puddlemuss

Barked: Fri Nov 23, '07 10:51am PST 
rosie has a half docked tail, its just big enough to grab onto and pull her out of holes, about 3 inches.
[notify]
Rosie

Rattie- Puddlemuss

Barked: Fri Nov 23, '07 10:51am PST 
rosie has a half docked tail, its just big enough to grab onto and pull her out of holes, about 3 inches.
[notify]
Maximillion- Bear- Bonapardt

Bubba

Barked: Wed Nov 28, '07 12:51pm PST 
max too except his is fully docked, which i suppose is 1/12 inches,but still very useful for puling him out of holes
[notify]
AMCH GRCH- Dalwhinnie- Highlande

CH Show Dog and- Brilliant- Service Dog

Barked: Sun Dec 28, '08 7:46pm PST 
Hello, just found this thread. Lol. That would be me being late to the party. I took a look at your pictures and your tail is docked. Hate to tell you that but you do not have a natural tail. Your tail is the length which every other show PRT is in the States unless they were from Europe or might be exported there.

The chances of it being a natural tail are about 1 in a million. It is the exact same length that all of mine have had theirs docked to. To properly do a PRT tail when you dock it you take of 1/3 of the tail. Some people do only 1/4, but never more than either of those or the tail appears too short. Jacks are known for having tails docked shorter.

I would be willing to almost place money on your tail being docked even if the breeder said that it was not done. Unless that is that your current mommy is the one who was there when you were born through a week old, the truth will never be known.

You can take a look at all of my terriers pages and see their tails. Look at Highlander (aka George) for probably the best pictures. Stella had hers done by a vet who did not know better and has a shorter dock than what most Rotties have.

Hope that helps smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2