GO!

A SIDEWAYS GREETING !

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sherman

Sherman the Tank

Barked: Fri May 25, '07 1:39pm PST 
I'm just curious if other PRT owners have their dogs come over to you very excited and then greet you after being left alone all day by running up to you and then kind of walking sideways as they approach you? It can't be just mine . . . can it? Huh Huh???? wave way to go
[notify]
Stewart- Caffrey (AKA- Stewie)

Not from the- ground? Not- eat'n it!

Barked: Sat Jun 16, '07 8:57pm PST 
I'm not sure yet. My parson russel is about 4 1/2 months old and still developing quirky habits. I'll be on the look out for this strange behavior!

Stewart's owner
[notify]
Loki

Mischevious- Laughing Loki

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 10:07am PST 
I kinda of need to have something in my mouth when I say himomhimomhimomhimomhimom or poppapoppapoppapoppapoppapoppa after any kind of seperation. I'll jump up against my gate so that they can see me and I can see them, then I run and grab any ol' nearest toy o' mine and then gurggle and play growl and fast walk in circles and pretend to be a cat by rubbing up 'gainst them and the wall and the door and the floor.

But I'm not so talented to walk sideways! applause Hope we'll see a video someday!
[notify]

Loki

Mischevious- Laughing Loki

Barked: Thu Jul 19, '07 10:07am PST 
I kinda of need to have something in my mouth when I say himomhimomhimomhimomhimom or poppapoppapoppapoppapoppapoppa after any kind of seperation. I'll jump up against my gate so that they can see me and I can see them, then I run and grab any ol' nearest toy o' mine and then gurggle and play growl and fast walk in circles and pretend to be a cat by rubbing up 'gainst them and the wall and the door and the floor.

But I'm not so talented to walk sideways! applause Hope we'll see a video someday!
[notify]
Tommy

Did you say- CHICKEN?????

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 11:10pm PST 
Well, Tommy's new sister (she doesn't have her own page yet) is a sideways walker, too. Mostly when she's on the leash, though. It's the darndest thing I've ever seen!
[notify]
Sherman

Sherman the Tank

Barked: Fri Aug 22, '08 7:32am PST 
Yes, and the picture of the dog for this question is mine. His name is Sherman and yes, when he is extra excited he will walk up to me wiggling all over and his approach is sideways. He might even walk all around me sideways.

A friend of mine's son has a Jack Russell and that JR will do the same thing. It's the old sideway approach.
[notify]