GO!

Scrutiny

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

Kimiko

Star Fight- Princess

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 1:37pm PST 
I hate being scrutinized for buying a puppy instead of adopting. I ALWAYS adopt and this ONE time I buy. It's just... ughhh. It feels like someone scrutinizing you for producing a baby instead of adopting one like it's selfish.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 11:39am PST 
There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying from a responsible breeder.

Edited by author Tue Jan 15, '13 11:41am PST

[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 5:20pm PST 
Making a well-informed choice of breed and purchasing from a reputable breeder is nothing that anyone should make you feel bad about.
[notify]

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 9:22pm PST 
Three of my four dogs came from breeders, but only one, Onyx, was purchased from a breeder I'd be comfortable buying from knowing what I know now. The other two were purchased when I was a child, and neither I nor my parents knew what to look for in a breeder. It wasn't until high school that I educated myself, and my parents, so that we could make better choices when it came to purchasing dogs.

Point being, most people have at one time been unaware that all breeders are not of the same caliber. So while I do take issue with the majority of breeders and people's choice to buy from them, I feel rude comments, judging, scrutiny, ect. are not the best way to educate someone who in all likelihood, honestly didn't know any better.

There are, of course, some who feel that purchasing from any breeder is wrong, but like Lily and Cobain, I have no qualms about supporting a breeder who meets my standards.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '13 10:16am PST 
There are loads of people who judge here. Feel good that you went to a responsible breeder and are happy with your pup. Who is sooooo adorable! way to goway to go
[notify]